• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big thumbs up to Hurst! Awesome Quarter Stick!

Dodge 330

Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
pistol-grip-quarter-stick-automatic-shifter.jpg

I have to admit, I've become jaded with the crap that the aftermarket sells that is either cheaply build or requires extensive modification.

A big exception to this is the Hurst Quarter Stick with the pistol grip that I recently purchased.

Istallation went flawless and other than bending the cable bracket to help a little with cable/header clearance, it installed as advertised.

Bitchin' looks, great function and looks to be very well built.

One of the few aftermarket things I didn't have to completely re-work or modify.

I looked at a lot of aftermarket shifters and after seeing a buddy's Dart with one, I decided to purchase this one.

Good job Hurst! :headbang:

Now I just gotta figure out what to hook up to that little red button on the handle...:toothy9:

I use a newer 1970 trans in my 63 so I use the B & M Pro Stick and I love it. My buddy has the Quarter Stick and it works about the same as my Pro Stick. I like the Pro Stick because it does not cost a ton and is so easy to shift. Seems everyone uses the PIP or Turbo Action shifters but they cost alot more and wont make the car any faster. Glad to hear you like it and it works good for you. I hope to go back to the push button shifting one day as I believe they make an adapter now where I can use the buttons with the newer 727. Ron

401024957.gif

I've had a B&M Pro stick that was in the car when I bought it, last owner had broken/disabled the reverse lockout so I put in a Hurst Promatic 2. I couldn't get it to adjust exactly right, I then put in my new Quarter stick and I couldn't get it to adjust like I wanted it either. I don't know why. It just wasn't perfect so I put it back in the box and dropped in a TCI Fastgate. For $140 it dropped in and adjusted so easy. I was completely surprised. It took some getting used to the long handle but now I love it.

Has anybody had any luck putting a shifter like that in a stock center console?

I always thought the quarter stick and b&m's copy was stupid. Why should I have to grab a lever to shift to high gear? It's just dumb to me. I like the pro ratchet much better.

My brother used to use a racthet shifter and I hated it. I cant stand a shifter that ratchets and when you look at it you dont know what gear its in. Thats how the one he had worked as you pulled it and it went back to the same posotion in every gear. Just could not get to like it. I love racing with the Pro Stick because I just slam it back when I hit second and just squeeze the little hadle to pull third. I like the fact that I can pull it fast into second and it wont go into third until I squeeze the handle. The Pro Stick is just so easy to me. I have found that most aftermarket shifters I put in are hard to get adjusted just right. Neutral and fist always seem to be real close and have a very fine adjustment between them. Ron.

Last edited:
View attachment 113935

I have to admit, I've become jaded with the crap that the aftermarket sells that is either cheaply build or requires extensive modification.

A big exception to this is the Hurst Quarter Stick with the pistol grip that I recently purchased.

Istallation went flawless and other than bending the cable bracket to help a little with cable/header clearance, it installed as advertised.

Bitchin' looks, great function and looks to be very well built.

One of the few aftermarket things I didn't have to completely re-work or modify.

I looked at a lot of aftermarket shifters and after seeing a buddy's Dart with one, I decided to purchase this one.

Good job Hurst! :headbang:

Now I just gotta figure out what to hook up to that little red button on the handle...:toothy9:
nice lookin stick! Kudos to Hurst for their fine craftsmanship:)

Hmmmm, purple horn or 150 shot of nitrous....

- - - Updated - - -

I've had a B&M Pro stick that was in the car when I bought it, last owner had broken/disabled the reverse lockout so I put in a Hurst Promatic 2. I couldn't get it to adjust exactly right, I then put in my new Quarter stick and I couldn't get it to adjust like I wanted it either. I don't know why. It just wasn't perfect so I put it back in the box and dropped in a TCI Fastgate. For $140 it dropped in and adjusted so easy. I was completely surprised. It took some getting used to the long handle but now I love it.

Hurst tells you to put the trans and shifter in neutral and adjust the cable to fit. Worked perfect the first time but was kind of a PITA to get to...

Auto Transport Service
Back