• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Billet hinges, your thoughts?

black68

Local time
6:45 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking at up grading my hood and truck hinges, has anyone done it? I have found both hood and trunk hinges and would like to do both to improve look ans the clutter. My only hang up is the price but I can work through it. Anyone have horror stories of billet hinges or wins? Thanks

i had fesler ones on my last charger, perfect, no complaints, expensive though but for what they are.

Their hood hinges? They are the only ones I've found that make a trunk hinge for the charger.

I put these billets on my GTX. They are from Eddie Motorsports. They took a minute to get lined up but WOW!!! Easy lift and close and I can literally shake the car by pushing on the top corner of the opened hood and it does not throw them out of adjustment. Again, a bit of a hassle installing...shims required.

Hinges 003.jpg Hinges 004.jpg

I have Black Anodized Ringbrothers going on my car. I'm going Fibreglas 6 Pak hinged so I needed a "light duty" hinge and billet seemed to be the best answer to that

Agree, I have not seen trunk hinges for anything but a Charger in billet.

no billet trunk hinges due to their weird design, wouldn't be hard to utilise a chebbie one to fit though, isn't that what pro touring or customising is all about?

I just modified the stockers with holes. Lightens them up at least :D :D

Guess I never understood the logic in spending big money on hinges, I could see spending $100 max to dress it up? They don't make it faster or achieve anything unless your running a light hood so..... They do look cool though.

Guess I never understood the logic in spending big money on hinges, I could see spending $100 max to dress it up? They don't make it faster or achieve anything unless your running a light hood so..... They do look cool though.

Do you NEED the bling,,,,,,,no,,,,,,,but it sure is purty. I like the bling!

I would love to put a billet set on my 63 Fury, but have never seen them made anywhere...love the way they look and am jealous when I see them at car shows and cruise ins on the GM cars..

I don't need no stinken' hinges {Cheech & Chong badges references}
I have a Lift off A12 style hood...LOL

sorry I had to do it

it's a little bet of a PITA, you get use to it thou, I carry a blanket in my trunk to put on the roof, so I can set it up top, if I can't set it on grass or something soft, or like in the bed of my truck etc.

it ain't cheap either, It cost over $1000's 10 years ago
for all the pins, lanyards & hood,
need paint too, easy peasy Organsol Semi Gloss...

Big money but they are on my list of things to get when I hit the lotto! those black ones are sweet too :)

I have a fiberglass lift off hood and I find that it's a PITA to get it off and on by myself - especially when it's windy. I'm looking at installing the billet hood hinges for my sanity.

Why not just use gas struts? I did on my 69’ Dart GT.

Auto Transport Service
Back