• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bilstein's for 68 Charger RT....Confused

Macdon221

Local time
9:09 PM
Reaction score
Hey All,

Looking for the correct part numbers to get a set of Bilsteins front and rear for my 68 Charger. It seems everyone thinks these provide the best ride. I have read numerous threads and I have gotten different part numbers. Also the prices for the same application seem to be all over the place from $99 to $250 each.

Can anyone shed some clear light on this to help me out? As well as the best place to get them for the best price. A Canadian retailer would help but no required! I live close to the border.

Macdon221

Have you checked with Firm Feel in Washington state? I bought mine from them 2 years ago. They label them as Bilstein RCD...whatever that means.
Also, it isn't just the ride that is good with them....They allow the car to handle better. The suspension soaks up the bumps but the shocks tighten up when needed for better cornering, less brake dive under hard braking and less front end lift on hard acceleration. Not a great shock for drag racing but excellent for the street.

I got mine (1970) from PST. You get 10% off for being FBBO member and usually has free shipping.

^^^ PST with discount, free shipping is best price I've seen so far. Read the instructions on how to get your FBBO discount. I haven't purchased yet but will when I replace my leaf springs.

Have you checked with Firm Feel in Washington state? I bought mine from them 2 years ago. They label them as Bilstein RCD...whatever that means.
Also, it isn't just the ride that is good with them....They allow the car to handle better. The suspension soaks up the bumps but the shocks tighten up when needed for better cornering, less brake dive under hard braking and less front end lift on hard acceleration. Not a great shock for drag racing but excellent for the street.

RCD is Race Car Dynamics

Got mine from Hotchkis. No longer available there. Around 100 each about 10 years ago. PST is the go-to now. Guessing about 50k miles on them now. Transformed, handles well.

Anyone have the correct part/model numbers for front and rear?

I've bought 3 sets of 4 now from PST. No problems and decent price with our discount.

They don’t, Bilstiens are a premium part...
The classic shocks are probably Monroe

How do the Bilsteins compare to what classic industries is selling as the HD Factory style replacements?

Who manufactures these?

https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1968/dodge/charger/parts/51273.html

Thanks for all the info

From the link that you provided on the right side of the page the supplier is "Rare Parts" as to if they are the manufacturer, your guess is as good as mine. Bilstien is a proven shock brand and in my opinion would be a better choice than that of a private label brand.

If you are concerned with overall quality, performance and customer experience do a quick search within the forum for Bilstein and you will find many forum members thoughts and experiences through multiple threads and posts.

Thank
James From
PST

Bilstein on all four corners of the Coronet were one of the best upgrades ever. Ride and handling. Long lasting too.

Yep, Bilsteins here, bought 3 sets from PST already.

Auto Transport Service
Back