• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bittersweet goodbye to the black beast aka as the Charger Resurrection

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:45 AM
Reaction score
Accepted a decent offer for my Charger. Money has been deposited and just waiting for the transport service to pick her up. On its way to California. Quite a few tears shed by my lovely wife who always said she would divorce me if I ever sold this one. She is still around though and life goes on. Had a blast with it, but time for somebody else to enjoy it.
So the search starts for another car. 1969 Super Bee, must be a 4-speed, fairly solid, don't really care if a motor or tranny is included, but would prefer the rest of the car is intact. R4 red, T5 copper, or maybe F6 green. Black interior would be ideal, and M46 side scoops would be perfect :thumbsup:. Will travel and cash in hand for the right car. Pm me if you know of anything interesting.

IMG_0791.JPG IMG_0655.JPG

Good luck on your search. If I parted with my Charger a 69 Bee would be on the top of my list to replace it.

I don't like you anymore:p.

Someone is getting a real beauty but looking forward to another great restoration.

Wow! Must have been a big decision. I have to admit after 47 years I’ve been thinking.....

WOW Hunt, I can't hardly believe it. But I get the feeling you enjoy building more than driving the cars.

WOW Hunt, I can't hardly believe it. But I get the feeling you enjoy building more than driving the cars.
Not exactly. I put about 5000 miles on this car, but drive it wayyyy less than my other 2. With the crazy money people are paying for these second generation Chargers, it was getting to the point I was always worrying that something would happen to it, and I didn't feel comfortable letting my kids drive it either because of that. Also the fact that I will never have another black car. Looks awesome when wiped down, but that lasts for all of 20 minutes lol.

Congrats on the sale...
Someone 'out here' is getting a really nice Charger...

It's always sad to see an old car leave,
there's some sentimental attachments to them...
We all usually have reasons for selling them too,
sometimes we do regret it...
Such is life...

I hope the new 69 Super Bee search is fruitful too...

Good luck & happy Moparing

Accepted a decent offer for my Charger. Money has been deposited and just waiting for the transport service to pick her up. On its way to California. Quite a few tears shed by my lovely wife who always said she would divorce me if I ever sold this one. She is still around though and life goes on. Had a blast with it, but time for somebody else to enjoy it.
So the search starts for another car. 1969 Super Bee, must be a 4-speed, fairly solid, don't really care if a motor or tranny is included, but would prefer the rest of the car is intact. R4 red, T5 copper, or maybe F6 green. Black interior would be ideal, and M46 side scoops would be perfect :thumbsup:. Will travel and cash in hand for the right car. Pm me if you know of anything interesting.

View attachment 629300 View attachment 629301

NOOOOoooooo . . . don't tell me it's So ! ! !

Okay . . . so you got a good price for the car but I came to this site at the time you were working on that car - your work got me motivated to do a complete restore on my car . . . you were one of the people on this site that helped to provide me with direction ( along with some other people too ) . . . and for that I thank you . . . hate that you're selling it . . .

Remember I sent you a "rust-free" 69 Super-Bee too ! ! !

NOOOOoooooo . . . don't tell me it's So ! ! !

Okay . . . so you got a good price for the car but I came to this site at the time you were working on that car - your work got me motivated to do a complete restore on my car . . . you were one of the people on this site that helped to provide me with direction ( along with some other people too ) . . . and for that I thank you . . . hate that you're selling it . . .

Remember I sent you a "rust-free" 69 Super-Bee too ! ! !

That you did Larry, and a 4-speed to boot! Walk by it every day I am in the garage. So that means I have been looking for the right Bee for 5 years now, my how time flies by.

20180724_181927.jpg

That you did Larry, and a 4-speed to boot! Walk by it every day I am in the garage. So that means I have been looking for the right Bee for 5 years now, my how time flies by.

View attachment 629626

Thought it was only 3 years . . . has it really been 5 . . . I've been dragging my feet on my car that long ? ? ( sigh ) . . . need to get it moving again ! ! !

It's always sad to see a nice car go away, and I know exactly how you feel. I let my car go after 21 years. :(
Too good an opportunity in these times to let it pass. Don't worry, I'm still donkey deep in MoPar stuff.

Thought it was only 3 years . . . has it really been 5 . . . I've been dragging my feet on my car that long ? ? ( sigh ) . . . need to get it moving again ! ! !
You might right, idk, can't remember crap now that I hit the big 50. Still seems like forever that I have been on the search.

It's always sad to see a nice car go away, and I know exactly how you feel. I let my car go after 21 years. :(
Too good an opportunity in these times to let it pass. Don't worry, I'm still donkey deep in MoPar stuff.
You sold your purple GTX?

Auto Transport Service
Back