• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bizarre postings

peabodyracin

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:28 PM
Reaction score
From time to time a member here, who will remain unnamed, posts something that I would call 'pretty out there'.

I usually will read them just to see if I can figure out what exactly the member is trying to get at. Consistently I find myself feeling like I'm back in college and a professor has just tried explaining some component of calculus to me. (To this day I don't know how I got through that class.)

Last week I experience the same twilight zone at work. I'm retired, but remain on retainer so stop in a couple mornings a week.

An employee here had been sending out emails to company managers. Not always the same people, sometimes adding others, some known, some unknown. The content of these emails ranged from the need to have a $45 minimum wage to government conspiracies, claims to have loaned the company owner $1 million years ago to start the business, reasons why we shouldn't be running things in a certain way, etc. Each email would be quite long, with lots of big words, some rambling, but actually not badly written.

They generally were ignored because they too, were 'pretty out there'. The employee's supervisor had spoken with him a couple times, asking him to tone things down, contact him directly with concerns or issues, and so on. No change. The employee was always at work, always did his job, never had much to say at all while here. It would make you wonder who it was that was writing these musings.

Last week he emailed all the managers, including the owner and the local chief of police, telling the owner he was fired for not correcting things that had previously been pointed out in his emails.

Later the next day the chief of police stopped by to see the owner. Net of the conversation was "you might want to search local records regarding this individual'. Quick searching brought out some rather alarming history. It was decided we needed to part ways with this individual. He was released that afternoon.

The release did not go well. The now former employee called the police, demanding that the owner be arrested for illegally firing him. After a fair amount of excitement, we ended up with a restraining order on the former employee and requested the police make it a point to drive by regularly over the next few weeks.

The next morning all the managers had an email from this clown ranting and raving and making absolutely no sense. The idiot copied the chief of police again.

They're out there, folks.

Not surprising since the mentally ill have been streamlined into general society.

I started reading his threads but I get a headache from shaking my head in disbelief so much. I just scroll on by. Better for the blood pressure too. :steering::lol:

Past experience tells me this man is a live wire and should not be taken lightly. Be careful of your surroundings. The problem with people like this, their revenge is sometimes served like a fine wine, old and cold. Be safe!!

I have a pretty good idea of whom you are speaking and I put them on ignore within the first week of them posting.

interview-talk.gif

Past experience tells me this man is a live wire and should not be taken lightly. Be careful of your surroundings. The problem with people like this, their revenge is sometimes served like a fine wine, old and cold. Be safe!!
"Loose cannon" comes to mind.

Ya reading the persons issues, kind of makes the big issues not relevant.

LSD still being used?

He (our guy) will be fine, but the employee mentioned in the OP is the one to worry about.

You guys are absolutely right about follow on concerns. We've discussed at length and prepared accordingly. Sad to say I've dealt with more than my share of head cases during my career. One thing I consider a certainty: they're consistently inconsistent.

It's not a perfect world and different folks face different problems each day.
( there but for the grace of god go I ) comes to mind.
I like the guy myself and find his posts entertaining, most of them are not that far out of the wheel house of prob 50% of the members here.
Jmho. :D

I read the posts. But I have nothing to add cause I do not know what to say. So. Ill keep reading. Life is full of struggles and uncertainty daily.

Auto Transport Service
Back