• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blinker staying solid not blinking

First thing you do, before all else... check your
1656364619618.png

forgive my ignorance but if the all the blinker lights (front one, rear 2 and dash) are lighting up solid when I move the stalk, wouldn't that rule out a bad ground?
Probably so

I did a complete led x- over on my Charger and tried several led compatible flashers with no joy. Finally found one that works great but you have to reverse the wiring at the flasher. Has worked great for almost 2 years now. Maybe try flipping the wiring .

I did a complete led x- over on my Charger and tried several led compatible flashers with no joy. Finally found one that works great but you have to reverse the wiring at the flasher. Has worked great for almost 2 years now. Maybe try flipping the wiring .
Thanks for your reply, I haven't tried that yet. What I don't understand is why everything worked fine for months until it all went to s***

The problem has been "solved", sorry I cheated. I replaced the front blinkers with filament bulbs and kept the rears as LEDs, and it's all working now. I might trying putting the LEDs back in and flipping the connections at the relay as suggested above.

Problem solved! As already suggested, all I had to do was flip the connections on the relay. Now all the LEDs work properly.

Thanks for the help

what I still can't understand is why the whole setup worked well for 4 months and one day it decided the connection needed to be reversed.

Leakage is always possible....that's how the smoke escapes from the wiring looms.

Harness smoke is available thru Lucas it’s very popular among British car owners. Lucas is also known as the Prince of Darkness.

1671640696721.jpeg

:lol:

I put leds in the taillights and they worked great, super bright. Was excited but before I bought ones for the front, one side started keeping a front bulb on when I hit the brakes. Internal shirt after 100 miles. I posted a bad review and they sent me a new set. So far so good. They flash just like the old school bulbs, but are about three times brighter.

The indicator will light but not the bulb. A bad ground can make the front bulb light and the back one not.
I swapped over my 69 charger to all LEDs over the summer, and I had some similar problems to what you're having. After a lot of jerking around we came to realize that I had to reverse the leads on the flasher unit. It's worked fine ever since. You might want to give that a try it's easy to reverse if it doesn't work.

I swapped over my 69 charger to all LEDs over the summer, and I had some similar problems to what you're having. After a lot of jerking around we came to realize that I had to reverse the leads on the flasher unit. It's worked fine ever since. You might want to give that a try it's easy to reverse if it doesn't work.
Would reversing the wires to the parking lights help?

Would reversing the wires to the parking lights help?
I don't believe that reversing the wires to the parking lights would help, but I don't know that for sure. I read somewhere about reversing the wiring to the flasher unit and that worked for me. Hope this helps

YES.....BUT what is the correct viscosity.....does it have the magic elixer added (similar to ZDDP only for blinkers) or is manufactured by NGK (which some of the readers claim is the ultimate engine component manufacturer for everything ignition related)....BUT....is this material 100% compatible with "Green style" axle bearings or one's 600 CID LA small block making 8000 hp on methanol nitro methane blend at 14.0% AFR.....and....most importantly, where can it be purchased and $$/gallon.....got to be great stuff ......????....or after 6000 blinks, do the "Green style",axle bearings cause the wheels to fall off....???
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back