• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bloomington Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

FU64RY

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:36 PM
Reaction score
So come to find out Bloomington Gold is not so Gold more like high Silver.

Neighbors, very high end resto shop, been working on a 65 corvette. For a customer.
I saw the car several times and saw a lot of issues that the owner did not want taken care of.
Shop owner did what the customer wanted and was working along side him.
Car went off to be judged and won the prestige's award. Hard top and the body were obviously miss matched color to name a big one, it was not done by my neighbor. I saw several paint issues and numerous interior flaws.
It was running poorly and struggled to get into the arena for judging, home for two days and it broke down out on the highway and had to be towed in.
Wiring issue worn through hot wire and nearly a fire.

When it comes to auctions and they mention that award it now means very little to me.

most of 'them ratings' don't mean ****

most of 'them ratings' don't mean ****
I love my 69 Bloomington Silver (almost gold)... it meant a lot to me!

I did it myself.....:thumbsup:

1998.jpg

Looks nice. Built many a Mako type Vette models when I was a kid.

I love my 69 Bloomington Silver (almost gold)... it meant a lot to me!

I did it myself.....:thumbsup:

View attachment 1303396
X
Good for you, glad you did it yourself too, congrats

whenever I was at a show I had a sign "not to be judged"
that's how much I cared about their opinions or awards

most the people I knew, real car enthusiasts didn't give a **** about the ratings

Just like I could care less about Galen Govier,
so much subjective crap there too

to each your own

Last edited:
X

most the people I knew, real car enthusiasts didn't give a **** about the ratings

to each your own
So! Tell us how you really feel.

Looks nice. Built many a Mako type Vette models when I was a kid.

Yes guys I was a Chevy guy in the 60s 70s..with the exception of quite a few 1930-31 Model As Fords

in 1967 I was 22 and bought a 68 Z28 from Summerfield Chevrolet and remember looking at a Mako Shark that was on the dealers car lot when I finalized my deal.

I wanted a new 67 Coronet plain Jane car with 426 hemi 4spd (which was pricey back then) I think it was $1200 option.. might be wrong on the hemi option cost.

I was discouraged when the dealer told me the the drive train guaranty would have (as I remember it) would be 6 months because of the hemi motor and 4spd combo.

I would have a full guaranty if I bought a automatic transmission instead of the 4spd.

I was lucky to have been in the right place and bought many new muscle cars new in the 60s.

it has been said that my statement about the guaranty is wrong.... but to that I say I was there whether the protocols of Chrysler Corp was followed by the salesman or not.

I always loved the 67 Dodge cars and now I am building a 67Coronet R/T with non matching 426 (472) hemi 4spd that I am building now.

I love all cars in that era.

Thanks for reading my rant. Mike

X

to each your own
To much $$ spent on numbers matching.... did it once will never do it again... I agree.

When it comes to the Corvette crowd... View attachment 1303398
I am sure this has been mentioned before....but if you haven't got anything nice to say, sometimes it's best to just scroll on.

No need to be nasty in a post about other members.....a joke is fine, but nasty is not acceptable.

I am sure this has been mentioned before....but if you haven't got anything nice to say, sometimes it's best to just scroll on.

No need to be nasty in a post about other members.....a joke is fine, but nasty is not acceptable.
What ? it was a joke... not nasty. Had NOTHING to do with any particular member, moreover a joke about the "corvette crowd" as I mentioned. Where was I nasty to another member ? What are you talking about ? I always try to make funny comments and amusing quips about alot of different things. Wow, compared to alot of other crap I see ( not in the political forum ) with overtly nasty comments to others, you're scolding me in an open forum about a harmless quip about fans of another car model ? You gotta be kidding me.

What ? it was a joke... not nasty. Had NOTHING to do with any particular member, moreover a joke about the "corvette crowd" as I mentioned. Where was I nasty to another member ? What are you talking about ? I always try to make funny comments and amusing quips about alot of different things. Wow, compared to alot of other crap I see ( not in the political forum ) with overtly nasty comments to others, you're scolding me in an open forum about a harmless quip about fans of another car model ? You gotta be kidding me.
I read a lot of posts here....and I have read most of yours over the years.....I can tell the difference here.

You got away with a mention this time.

Where did I get nasty with a particular member ? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Wait a second... wait a second here ! I just went over & re-read the entire thread. Do you think my post #4 was a direct response to post #3 ?? Well, guess what. Look at the time of the posts. Mine was **3 minutes** after post #3. I was commenting after reading posts #1 & #2. I NEVER seen post #3 while I was writing my quip & copying/pasting that little funny picture !!! I'm not as fast as I was during my younger days. My post had nothing, ZERO, to do with the immediate prior post. If you, or Mr. Bold & Old think so, you are COMPLETELY wrong. I've been in the auto business many years & there is nothing I respect or admire more than someone who does the work himself. As far as Mr. Bold & Old, and his Corvette , I have nothing but admiration on an awesome car well done. I'm very offended that you, or anyone, would infer that I had anything nasty to say about someone who had the talent & guile to do the workmanship on their car as he did.

Wait a second... wait a second here ! I just went over & re-read the entire thread. Do you think my post #4 was a direct response to post #3 ?? Well, guess what. Look at the time of the posts. Mine was **3 minutes** after post #3. I was commenting after reading posts #1 & #2. I NEVER seen post #3 while I was writing my quip & copying/pasting that little funny picture !!! I'm not as fast as I was during my younger days. My post had nothing, ZERO, to do with the immediate prior post. If you, or Mr. Bold & Old think so, you are COMPLETELY wrong. I've been in the auto business many years & there is nothing I respect or admire more than someone who does the work himself. As far as Mr. Bold & Old, and his Corvette , I have nothing but admiration on an awesome car well done. I'm very offended that you, or anyone, would infer that I had anything nasty to say about someone who had the talent & guile to do the workmanship on their car as he did.
Thank you for your reevaluating of your intent in this matter.

Your first post sounded like you were trying being a brat.

Mike

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back