• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blower 5.7 Modern Mopar

Dennis H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
8F2AB8F1-F7FE-4171-8DBF-CD8BD4806829.jpeg
6AD7DCB8-98A9-4CB2-B6C8-E9157C453838.jpeg
Linda went nuts about the Hellcat talk, so I will put a blower on the paid for 09 Challenger. In 2020, we will see what Mopar has to offer on the 50th Anniversary Challenger.

Just ready to pull the trigger on an order from Summit for the Edelbrock eforce. It should add 100 HP at the crank putting it near 500. Pretty happy with the efi from Summit on the 69. I researched other Blowers, Whipple, proCharger etc. Whipple does not have an application for an 09 6 Speed car. Anyone here purchase and install an Edelbrock Blower? Car has 14k on it.

Last edited:
I finally got the Takata air bag recall taken care of and put tires on it. Plan to install a stealth front plate (Big Mike, thanks mechanic) to avoid a fix it ticket.

Nice kit, don’t put any sticky tires on it until you upgrade the axles ($1000+)

Do you have headers on that challenger? These gen 3 hemis really benefit from a set of long tubes. X2 with the blower

No headers. Will investigate cat- backs without highway drone. Getting hop not kit too for wheel hop - free roasting. www.hopnot.com. Going to start with
stage-1.

Am I to understand that the WIFE is the motivating factor here? SHE wants MORE power? I thought she drove the yellow car. Knowing she wants MORE power and can drive a manual trans, I am impressed!

No, she went nuts on spending 65k on a Hellcat. This will hold me over. Anyway, I couldn’t find a Yellow one with an automatic.

I was looking at Kenne Bell a while back but they weren't CARB compliant. No margin for error in CA.
Just scrolled down; says 50 state compliant at 9 lbs.

yeah... being in CA blows.... I haven't touched my 2013 R/T because of it - did pay it off so it may be time to play once my 73 is done

yeah... being in CA blows.... I haven't touched my 2013 R/T because of it - did pay it off so it may be time to play once my 73 is done
That is one of the GREAT things that I look forward to by moving away, when I actually do.
Tennessee has many areas with ZERO emission testing requirements. I see that as those areas being LOW population zones, another plus.

Edelbrock claims to be 50 state compliant, and comes with stickers to point to at smog time. Car just smogged so dont have to worry for a while. I think it’s every 4 years here.
Also, dont want too much blower whine. Enough to detect but not annoy on highway.

It every other year, but who’s counting. Lol! Just people you’ve got a gear drive, they’ll believe it.

How about plugs and wires for these cars. I found an NGK application, but no wires. Everything 10 years old. Thought I’d change them while there.

Auto Transport Service
Back