• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blower motor connection ”the green wire”

Tomas L

Local time
8:43 PM
Reaction score
This is making my hair grey..
Where do i connect the green wire from the blower..? Nothing is ”meeting” it from the bulkhead connector and i’ve tried to trace under dash without any luck.
My car is a -70 charger w/ac
Can anyone please help me out here?
Thanks!

The green wire connects to the resistor block that controls the speed of the fan. The connection should be on the front side of the heater right next to the connection from the fan switch. Seek and ye shall find

I thought the blower motor wire was on the outside of firewall.I believe there it connects to the harness and go to the bulkhead. Im probably wrong so look here. download 70 charger wiring diagram. http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=27

The connection should be on the side opposite the fan motor. That would be the back side. Sorry for the confusion

you can enlarge it on there site

70ChargerA.jpg

you can enlarge it on there site.

70ChargerA.jpg

The connection should be on the side opposite the fan motor. That would be the back side. Sorry for the confusion
Yes, the green wire is on the motor next to the ground, just cant find the connection from the bulkhead.. there are 2 empty spots on the upper one of the 3 bulkhead jacks though. Should say i have an aftermarket harness on the engine side.

The green wire connects to the resistor block that controls the speed of the fan. The connection should be on the front side of the heater right next to the connection from the fan switch. Seek and ye shall find
Now thats whats confusing me.. on the resistor i have 2 connections already there, one 3 pin yellow, red, green. And one single pin, brown wire.

Sorry,but I missed the a/C part of your post. My old senile brain doesn'the work like it once did. Having said that, the green wire has to connect to the resistor block somehow , probably to that brown wire through that connector that you can't find. Sorry I can't be more helpfull.

That green wire needs to go through the firewall. There should be a green wire that plugs into the wire you are showing. On my 68 Charger, it goes to the top firewall plug (B). Should be the same on 70. Here is a pic of my diagram. The diagrams in post 6 & 7 don't show the A/C wiring. It doesn't show any wire going to B on the firewall plug. Hope this helps.
100_8636.JPG
100_8637.JPG

That green wire needs to go through the firewall. There should be a green wire that plugs into the wire you are showing. On my 68 Charger, it goes to the top firewall plug (B). Should be the same on 70. Here is a pic of my diagram. The diagrams in post 6 & 7 don't show the A/C wiring. It doesn't show any wire going to B on the firewall plug. Hope this helps.View attachment 611501 View attachment 611503

Thanks guys for all the info!
I found the power source for the blower, it came from the single pin connection on the resistor on the box. So i pulled a wire from the resistor to the motor and it started, now the next problem.. as soon as i Ground the blower wire it runs, consistent power even though i dont have the ignition on, nothing happens when i push the fan switch, the motor just keeps on running, only way it stops is pulling the ground wire.
Any ideas? Do i have a broken fan switch?

the 2 empty spots on the top plug bulkhead is for the reverse lights for a 4 spd.

Auto Transport Service
Back