• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blower motor removal - A/C car

Todd Schuster

Local time
10:48 AM
Reaction score
Hi - I have a '67 Belveder II with A/C - tried to remove Heater Box, blower cage will not let me remove the box - but when I remove the 3 nuts holding the Blower motor via the engine compartment, the dang cage doesn't come thru the firewall either!?!?!?

There is a "ring" of sorts around the blower motor that the bolts holding blower motor - it has 3 small 1/4" bolts around the side - I thought by removing them that the ring would come off, allowing me to pull the motor thru the engine bay side, and then I could drop the heater/AC box...but the dang thing doesn't want to come off - I don't want to destroy it - can someone confirm I am barking up the right tree, or is there something I am missing???? I thank you in advance...

removing the 3 1/4 inch screws will make the blower motor with cage pull out through the engine compartment side. it is a little tough to pull out but it will come out. it is a tight fit

removing the 3 1/4 inch screws will make the blower motor with cage pull out through the engine compartment side. it is a little tough to pull out but it will come out. it is a tight fit
Think of it like a puzzel be slow careful when it right it will go.

Absolutely correct. Remove the screws, wiggle and pull. It will come out.

Auto Transport Service
Back