• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blown six pack!

543sixpack

Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
hello everyone, I was reading a thread on here about someone asking about a blown six pack, I am in the process of building a 543 stroked blown six pack for my pro street Super bee, I am making an adapter plate to mount the carbs on top of the 671, the carbs I have flow 1355 cfm wide open, it should be enough to feed it, we will see.

3660D186-BBA4-4797-9978-A1BFF517F71A.jpeg 0FBECC4B-FABE-4245-A203-AEE199E71E47.jpeg A3FA5D9A-DDD7-4A8A-9814-E6DC47FFD69A.jpeg 20BD00B9-16D3-4F39-BF44-F41ED75314C8.jpeg

Welcome to the forum. What are you planning on putting this engine in?

I see that now, thanks. Didn't read the entire description before looking at the pix.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

love the sound/style of the build
should be very cool, more photos please

you may want to also head over to the
Resto-Mod & Pro-Touring forum section on here,
you'll be welcomed with open arms

maybe start a build thread there too

Good Luck & Happy MoParing

nice project .you might want to consider the using an 871 or larger blower for that many cubes.as opposed to the 671 reason being this.
you will have to spin the 671 blower faster,to create to correct air volume to support that many cubic inches.putting more stress and heat into the blower, an 871 will spin slower to do the same, and will be creating less heat wear.
the rule of thumb I was told was 671 small blocks, 871 big blocks up to 500 cubes, 1071 500+ cubes I would recommend getting a hold of a BDS catalog has all the info on selecting the correct blower for the application. theres alot of things you need to know so as not to waste moola $$$ good luck
www.blowerdriveservice.com/store/blower-intake-manifolds-c-9.htmlPicture 369.JPG

I like to build my own stuff, that way I only have myself to blame when it blows up!

I have a 585 lift lunati billet roller with a Pete Jackson gear drive, 3/8 pushrods and roller rockers.

Yeah this is going to be a fun experience, I haven’t played with an engine this size yet.

hi 543, are your carbs set up to use atop a roots style blower?
One of the major differences between a naturally aspirated carb and one designed for a draw thru (roots type) supercharger application is the boost referenced power valve circuit. A naturally aspirated engine will drop to near zero vacuum at full load opening the power valve and enriching the mean fuel flow equivalent to a 6-8 jet increase. On a Supercharger the carburetor is seeing the vacuum signature of the supercharger not the engine. At full throttle, full load you will tend to see vacuum at the base of the carburetor. This vacuum can cause the valve to close leaning out and detonating the engine under boost. In addition the supercharger carbs will have a base fuel curve better suited to the Brake specific fuel requirements of a blown engine reducing the amount of tuning generally required to optimize your engine tune. this is important stuff so you don't hurt the motor or your wallet. just trying to help. O Welcome from Long Island N.Y. how rude of me :moparsmiley:

I have modified my center carb to recive it’s power valve vacuum signal from the intake manifold under the blower.

yes , your plan of a 6 71 , is to small , it would need to turn way faster then a blower needs too . an 8 71 sits on the same foot print . still its going to be spun up to get the boost on 543 . hemiitis drives his blown hemi 63 plymouth , too the track , races it . then drives it home .

The compression ratio is going to be around 9.25-1 unless i use thick gaskets and open chamber heads, my maximum boost is only going to be around 5 maybe 6 psi.

Auto Transport Service
Back