• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blueprint Engines

Ron H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:09 AM
Reaction score
I picked up on a crate motor from Blueprint Engine (Chrysler 408) posted on another thread saying it's a real deal. This is the motor for $3,995. Of course probably looking at another $1 to 1.5k getting intake, carb, manifolds, etc. A well reputed Mopar engine shop says they couldn't come close to the price saying the crate blder uses Chinese parts. However, another member who is very familiar with Blueprint and highly recommends them, says they use Scat Assemblies and buy in tremendous volume bringing costs down. The shop is ready to rebuild my poly for around $5k but won't come close of course to the HP, torque, etc. this crate has. I find wonderful and then lousy reviews for Blueprint prompting me to ask fellow members what experience they've had buying crates from this outfit. It's a horse apiece I think on the costs other than the appeal of a much meaner motor with the crate.
Appreciate any feedback!

I picked up on a crate motor from Blueprint Engine (Chrysler 408) posted on another thread saying it's a real deal. This is the motor for $3,995. Of course probably looking at another $1 to 1.5k getting intake, carb, manifolds, etc. A well reputed Mopar engine shop says they couldn't come close to the price saying the crate blder uses Chinese parts. However, another member who is very familiar with Blueprint and highly recommends them, says they use Scat Assemblies and buy in tremendous volume bringing costs down. The shop is ready to rebuild my poly for around $5k but won't come close of course to the HP, torque, etc. this crate has. I find wonderful and then lousy reviews for Blueprint prompting me to ask fellow members what experience they've had buying crates from this outfit. It's a horse apiece I think on the costs other than the appeal of a much meaner motor with the crate.
Appreciate any feedback!

Sorry about the double post.

I have a Blueprint GM 355 in my T-Bucket. It has about 6000 miles on it in 2 years, so far so good. It sounds good and has good performance. Still has 60 pound of oil pressure. 50 hot at idle. I am satisfied with it.
RH Spark Plug Wires.jpeg

Engine Masters (Hot Rod Mag's David Freiburger) has one for a test mule and they run the sh!t out of it with no problems.

Link to the 408 stroker shootout.

Last edited:
Impressive thanks for sharing! It's not the money outlay between what I've been tossing around btw the poly rebuild or the 408 as the cost will end up about the same far as I can estimate now. It's obviously going to be a lot more power with the crate; but do I need it for my '63 Fury drop top? Will a re-done poly have more appeal vs the crate motor come time to sell it?
Not the original motor anyway having a 10/64 date on it. My costs right now are going to be in the area of 25 grand btw motor, trans, body, and new top. I have over 15k in it now but this is spread over 15 + years. So $40k and come time to sell likely a loss regardless. (CA car very solid I got in '95.) Hope to enjoy it a few years and at my age let it go as I'm one of those aging baby boomers. Decisions -- decisions.

Appreciate any feedback!
Ron H,
Thank you very much for considering one of our BluePrint Engines, if there are any specific questions I can help with please let me know. The BPC4082CT is a very popular engine for us!
Andrew

Ron H,
Thank you very much for considering one of our BluePrint Engines, if there are any specific questions I can help with please let me know. The BPC4082CT is a very popular engine for us!
Andrew

Andrew, Welcome to FBBO. I'm sure a lot of our members would like a comparison of Blue Print's engines vs the competition. Such as, Carolina Machine Engines (CME), Hemi Swap Shop, MRL Performance, etc.

Andrew, Welcome to FBBO. I'm sure a lot of our members would like a comparison of Blue Print's engines vs the competition. Such as, Carolina Machine Engines (CME), Hemi Swap Shop, MRL Performance, etc.
What are you suggesting here?? If your trying to snake a free engine from me its not happening. :) No, I would love to answer any questions that you might have about the parts we use, the warranty that our engines carry, or the fact that we dyno every engine here before they leave our facility at no additional cost. Let me know how I can help!
Andrew

We just recently installed a blueprint 306 small block Ford roller motor my buddies 70s van so far so good runs good doesnt have any noises or issues that I found.

Johnny Mac - appreciate the like from this old-old post I forgot about. Seems to me now that I have the poly rebuild in some 3 years now, I would have preferred to go with my original instincts to install the crate. While the motor runs fine despite having some issues with cooling I wrestled with for some time, the originally quoted cost ended up hugely-hugely more and to this day wonder why. This is a reason I won't do biz with the shop again; though my fault for placing too much blind trust as I've done engine rebuilds before; the work they did by and large was good with some gaps. There are people who love the shop and they have a good reputation. The other disappointment is the getup and go. To achieve this, yet more needed to be done to the motor. As you see in the posts above I was on the right track doing some research and getting advice letting that slip out of my head when I made the decision.

Johnny Mac - appreciate the like from this old-old post I forgot about. Seems to me now that I have the poly rebuild in some 3 years now, I would have preferred to go with my original instincts to install the crate. While the motor runs fine despite having some issues with cooling I wrestled with for some time, the originally quoted cost ended up hugely-hugely more and to this day wonder why. This is a reason I won't do biz with the shop again; though my fault for placing too much blind trust as I've done engine rebuilds before; the work they did by and large was good with some gaps. There are people who love the shop and they have a good reputation. The other disappointment is the getup and go. To achieve this, yet more needed to be done to the motor. As you see in the posts above I was on the right track doing some research and getting advice letting that slip out of my head when I made the decision.

Good Morning,
Yes i see its an old thread. Thats the situation we try to help customers avoid, where you end up buried in the unforeseen costs of rebuilding something old, vs something new in a crate. Hard to beat a 30 month warranty on a dyno tested engine. Maybe we'll catch ya in the future. I didn't post as I saw it was old, but figured a Like couldn't hurt anything. Here for anyone we can help in the future.

Auto Transport Service
Back