• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Body and Paint in California?

Nick Bruno

Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score
I’ve had a 69 Charger since 99 and I’m finally stripping it down for restoration. I’m in the California Central Valley and am looking for recommendations on body and paint shops. The closer the better but LA and Bay Area would be okay. Does anyone have anyone they’d recommend?

Do it at home

California is tough. There’s one place I could recommend but it’s down near Temecula/ Northern San Diego County. Motech performance

There's Rob Fagundes/Custom Concepts in Fresno. Not cheap but top notch work. Among others, he did a buddy's '64 Ranchero custom that's been in some magazines and the big Autorama shows.

Try Leland's Automotive Refinishing in Scotts Valley, CA. he did both of these for me and will be doing my next build. That's Leland behind the fastback.

IMG_0327.jpeg IMG_0326.jpeg IMG_0224.jpeg IMG_0225.jpeg

I have a couple shops down in the LA area if you want to go that far - One shop did my 68 and the other did work on a customer's 1970 cuda.

100_0175ss.jpg IMG_2026.jpg

I’ve had a 69 Charger since 99 and I’m finally stripping it down for restoration. I’m in the California Central Valley and am looking for recommendations on body and paint shops. The closer the better but LA and Bay Area would be okay. Does anyone have anyone they’d recommend?

Have you talked to Mopar Ed in Madera?

Auto Transport Service
Back