• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Body line help.

64SF

Local time
11:19 AM
Reaction score
Is there a trick to getting the body line "crisper". The door was damaged above and below the line as well as the section show suffered damage. I've got it really close working from the inside and outside the door. I'm using the metal to metal type of body filler.

Door Line.jpg

Use 3/4 masking tape and block up to one side.Then when finished switch to the other side and block it again.It may take a couple of applications of filler to achieve desired finish.Don't forget some type of guide coat for added insurance.

By the way quit using all metal filler.It is a waste of time,money,and sanding materials.Do yourself a favor and buy a 25.00 gallon of z-grip.I use this product daily for many years with great results.You will save a good deal of money on sand paper.By not sanding on the concrete all metal.

Thank you. Will look for the product tomorrow!

Don"t roll the sanding block over the edges until you are happy with the straightness of the line, I use guide coat (graphite powder or a light dusting of a contrasting paint colour from a spray bomb as a guide) to show my progress, the masking tape works well too...

Auto Transport Service
Back