• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Body plug Kits, 69 Road Runner Coupe

tvtn

Local time
5:46 AM
Reaction score
I am closing up the trunk and interior floors and wanted to know who sells a "complete" without buying excesses of useless rubber and plastic hole plugs. A location guide and type of plug, (rubber or plastic) would also help. I can't seem to find anything on this forum. Thanks in advance for your help
Tom

There are basically two different style of plug kits available. The kit that we provide to various vendors and the public feature all of the correct markings, part numbers and features of the original plugs that were initially installed with the car. Some of these plugs are still available from the original vendor and some are what we have to manufacture. The other kit style will not feature the markings, part numbers and some of the distinctive colors or styles as found with the OEM equivalent of the body plugs.

For some people, the correct details are important, where it may not matter to others. Either kit style will do the intended job.

I know that in the kits we prepare, there are usually a couple of extra plastic plugs included that may not be used in every year model or body style. I am thinking that the other kits on the market are basically the same that we offer as for the number and style of plugs. There are slight differences between say a 68 B-Body kit to a 69 B-Body kit.

As for as any vendor/manufacture offering a schematic with a diagram on the placement of the plugs, I know that we do not include one and I have never seen a diagram in any of the other kits.

Once you lay the components out, it becomes some what more obvious which plug goes into certain areas. Floor pans and trunk pans will be of the rubber variety. Door frames, firewall and areas not exposed to severe exposure will typically be plastic.

Hope that this might be of some help.

Years ago Year one offered a set that included a rough diagram and the diagram was not great....

To date I have not seen a set with a diagram included....but there are threads here that show the plugs....I know my restoration thread does...

What I found for the most part.. is the rubber plugs are in the vicinity of the exhaust pipes and plastic elsewhere..

Auto Transport Service
Back