• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Body seam sealer recommendations

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:06 AM
Reaction score
What recommendations do you guys have for trunk pan and general body seam sealer for my 1970 Sport Satellite? I don’t care if Chrysler used it just want something good for the money/value. Needs to stay flexible.

Thanks!

Really any 1k seam sealer is fine. Use something for the auto body supply house. SEM products seem to be good.

Don't buy the low end 3M white stuff. Its just latex caulk. Get a urethane caulking.

Don't buy the low end 3M white stuff. Its just latex caulk. Get a urethane caulking.
Thanks I used UPol Tiger seal adhesive on the roof. That stuff worked well maybe I will use that. 3M is overpriced IMO on everything.

when i replaced my floors i used Wurth brushable seam sealer, it was my first experience with a seam sealer so i cant compare with other products but it went on real nice and would use it again, good luck...Rich

Like wise I used seam sealer for the first time and bought the product that Eastwood sells. It went on fine even though I let it set on the shelf for 7 or 8 years! Fresh, it should be even better!
Mike

I know the factory brushed theirs on and that would be a lot better than a caulk style.

I used 3m Dynatron for the passenger compartment and it seemed good and not too expensive. Not sure if that’s what people are referring to as the cheap stuff, though.

when i replaced my floors i used Wurth brushable seam sealer, it was my first experience with a seam sealer so i cant compare with other products but it went on real nice and would use it again, good luck...Rich
I also used the Wurth brush on. It really did a nice job. The advice I read here is to use the little Cheap acid brush from Harbor Fright and then, to get the authentic factory look, quickly chug 4-5 beers, wait 15 minutes, then start applying and voila...the original factory seam finish.

Do like haywire says above, but wait until you have to pee real bad then start the job!

Lol I know I had to remove the old slop. It looked just as you guys are insinuating it was done. Would love to see the Chrysler Mastertech tech film strip on the application of slinging that sh$& beeeeeeeeep!

Wurth brush on Sean sealer gets my vote!
On an off note Wurth Gummi Pfledge stick works wonders for restoring and protecting original rubber seals. I'm not easily impressed but this stuff is absolutely amazing. I'm really surprised I haven't seen it mentioned here. It is the best rubber restoration product hands down period. Nothing else comes close to its performance. I use it on door, window and convertible top seals instead of buying new ones. It softens, seals and slightly swells the rubber returning it back to its original shape. Every other rubber product I have ever used is absolute garbage compared to this stuff.
Their wheel paint is also on most OEM European cars rims Mercedes, BMW etc. The only product of theirs that I have used and wasn't 100% happy with was their wheel clear coat but it was only because it had a tendency to not lay down flat and had a slight orange peel look if sprayed in anything less than ideal conditions. Even if you decide not to use their seam sealer try the Gummi Pfledge stick.

Auto Transport Service
Back