• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boost! We don' need no stinkin' boost!

IQ52

Local time
8:12 PM
Reaction score
I tried to tell Cody, boost is for them that's too short in their seat.

Cody's Twin Turbo Challenger.jpg

But noooo, he's gotta go and do that. Twin turbos........

Nice Jim, love that hood!

Has he taken it for a test drive yet?

jiminee christmas. You know there is room to hang em off the exhaust manifolds, run a scavenging pump, and get the charge pipes back up to the top?? Hell, we have even put the turbos in the front bumper behind the facia

Nice Jim, love that hood!

Has he taken it for a test drive yet?

Yep, we're a little shy on fuel yet.

jiminee christmas. You know there is room to hang em off the exhaust manifolds, run a scavenging pump, and get the charge pipes back up to the top?? Hell, we have even put the turbos in the front bumper behind the facia

Yeah? So? Everybody does it that way. My kid wants 'em to be seen. We call it hot rodding

Well if you need help on the tune let me know. It's going to be a monster.

Posted via Topify on Android

Well I know where he got his inspiration for that hood treatment... looks like the Loch Ness monster lurking under there.

image.jpg

That's funny!!!

Thanks for the offer, ya never know.

This thing is a 6-speed manual 2011 R/T Classic with less than 700 miles on the car. He just came out in the shop one day and said, "I wonder if I can..............."

Made his own tubing headers and started running pipes to the front. I was amazed he got the intercooler, air filters and everything up front

Got it done piping wise and started it up. Runs without anything done to the engine or ecu. He's now saving up to get the fuel it needs, but it still goes out to fetch pizza on occasion. Codes start flashing like a Christmas tree when it goes into boost. So for now he drives it very gently, even so you can feel the turbos kick in.

Thanks for the offer, ya never know.

This thing is a 6-speed manual 2011 R/T Classic with less than 700 miles on the car. He just came out in the shop one day and said, "I wonder if I can..............."

Made his own tubing headers and started running pipes to the front. I was amazed he got the intercooler, air filters and everything up front

Got it done piping wise and started it up. Runs without anything done to the engine or ecu. He's now saving up to get the fuel it needs, but it still goes out to fetch pizza on occasion. Codes start flashing like a Christmas tree when it goes into boost. So for now he drives it very gently, even so you can feel the turbos kick in.
You shouldn't drive it without tuning. It's not like old cars. It will blow up. It MUST be tuned. It needs to stay out of boost completely. He needs a 2 bar map, it needs to be scaled correctly. It need a fuel pump and injectors. You have given me all kinds of pointers when I was doing my 440. Trust me, this is what I do. You need a trinity tuner, wide band, fuel pump and injectors. Otherwise you've just built a grenade waiting to go off

You shouldn't drive it without tuning. It's not like old cars. It will blow up. It MUST be tuned. It needs to stay out of boost completely. He needs a 2 bar map, it needs to be scaled correctly. It need a fuel pump and injectors. You have given me all kinds of pointers when I was doing my 440. Trust me, this is what I do. You need a trinity tuner, wide band, fuel pump and injectors. Otherwise you've just built a grenade waiting to go off

Understood thanks. This is turned way down, we'll be careful.

boys & their toys, tell Cody it's ok to be boosted...LOL... good luck, have fun

there's a guy in los alamos that has a hennesy challenger thats supposed to put out around 600hp it's got a stock hood, looks good but i havent seen him open it up yet

Good golly miss molly! It looks like it just ate a tunner! lmao

:sSig_goodjob:

Auto Transport Service
Back