• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Borescope recommendation

Aarons Air

Local time
2:44 PM
Reaction score
I am in the market for a borescope. I want one small enough to look in my cylinders through the spark plug holes. I've seen a couple ads for $15- 20 cheapies, that plug into, and use your cell phone screen. Has anyone used one of these cheapies ? If one of these will work, i prefer going this route, than investing in a good one. As i doubt i'll use it that often. I have an LG brand android phone.

I used the Amazon el cheapo to look in my ear, nose and throat and it works pretty well. It has a cable that is way to limp for aiming inside a cylinder bore, though. You could improvise by wrapping a piece of wire around it.

Autozone has an inspection camera/borescope in their loaner tool program.

$140 to rent but you get it all back when you return the tool.

I bought one on sale like it last year at a local box store. It's a Ridgid brand.

Home Depot has a cheaper one for $60.

https://www.homedepot.com/b/N-5yc1v...ue&Ns=P_REP_PRC_MODE|0&experienceName=default

Thanks guys, but if one that uses a cell phone screen works, thats what i'm looking for.

This one was an el chepo. Watch where you buy it from. This one came directly from Chino, took about six weeks.

20200318_195349.jpg

160412_115858.jpg

160412_114328.jpg

We had a thread on here about these. I thought Bruzilla (RIP) had started it. A bunch of us bought them. IIRC 2016

Teslong makes a good scope and has one for cell phones as well

This is what i'm thinking of.thanks. But, i'd like to hear from someone that has used one like this, in cylinders, so i know the end will turn down into the the cylinder, before hitting the far wall. And isn't too long.

The ad lists this one as a, rifle endoscope. The tip looks to be rather long. I'm not sure it would fit. Or have you used this one in cylinders, through plug holes ?

it will fit in a.223 caliber bore I would think it would fit in a plug hole just fine.
These are ones that are know to work good throughout the rifle forums I frequent
and I personally use the teslong one I posted first.

it will fit in a.223 caliber bore I would think it would fit in a plug hole just fine.
These are ones that are know to work good throughout the rifle forums I frequent
and I personally use the teslong one I posted first.
He's worried about the length of the hard part housing the camera. Amazon has a great return policy. But hey, it's just $20 bucks.

Auto Transport Service
Back