• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Borgeson Box and Pump?

Zeppelin264

Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
Hey Guys - I ordered the Borgeson box kit which includes the power steering pump and hoses and then the Burgman coupler (Which is back ordered for 2 weeks :( ).

Now the Borgeson replacement pump is a press on style Saginaw and I'm worried that I'll have belt alignment issues. Has anyone else bought everything from Borgeson and been successful? I'm hoping its not a Mopar style Saginaw press on style pump and the pulley depth will be correct for a BBM. I talked to 440Source and they said their pulleys are all setup for a bolt on style Saginaw and that the press on style Saginaw has a different pulley depth.

I bought the kit from Bergman auto craft, installed on my 71 383 Road Runner over a year ago. Everything fit perfectly, and makes the car much nicer to drive.
20160124_172914.jpg

I appreciate the reply. Did you use Borgesons PS pump they sell? And are you running the Bergman coupler? How was the angle for steering shaft install?

I bought everything from Bergmans. I had issues mostly due to the engine placement in my 64. Looking at later pics, that shouldn't be an issue. The pump was a Saginaw. Fit my brackets fine. Bolt on pulley was no issue. The box needed shims to alogn it properly. Just a couple washers on one side. There's 2 different high pressure fittings. I reccomend the larger, to get more flow to the box. The coupler worked great. Bergman's helped me get mine sorted out.

Auto Transport Service
Back