• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Borgeson Pump Failure

Stuntmonkey

Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score
I’ve got a borgeson quick ratio system in my 69 RR. The pump has seemingly failed today and is leaking from the front cover.

Anybody aware of rebuild kits if that’s even possible for Saginaw pumps? Otherwise I’m going to end up ordering a new pump from 440 source if they can confirm it works.

Rebuilding a Saginaw pump is pretty easy, kits are available & cheap... My question is why did it fail? Saginaw pumps typically are pretty bullet proof...

Previous owner got a little bit of water in it....we flushed that out when I picked up the car and it was fine for 500 miles, but was dead when I pulled it out of the garage this morning.

Previous owner got a little bit of water in it....we flushed that out when I picked up the car and it was fine for 500 miles, but was dead when I pulled it out of the garage this morning.

Probably the relief valve is hung open due to a little rust.... Easy fix..

Thread title " not necessarily a borgeson pump failure". Fixed!

Not even sure this is a borgeson unit unless previous owner bought a reman.

AE08939E-6337-4E1C-A095-57FB8AB27E46.jpeg

Now I'm just trying to get that pressure relief valve out.

Last edited:
I had a brand new pump leak from the reservoir to pump seal. The reservoir didn't seem to be square to the pump so I swapped one from a used pump which was better. It was fine for a while but is now leaking again. At this point I think I'm going to just get another pump before spring.

I wonder if it's actually the pump casting itself. I also plan to add a cooler and completely flush the system while I'm at it.

Well pump appears to be shot. May remove and take it to a local shop to be rebuilt or diagnosed. Shipping new pumps to Canada are almost the same price as the pumps themselves.

Auto Transport Service
Back