• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boss Hog Street Bandit

67belvedere/225

Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
any body have any feed back on this torque converter
my slant six is mount with adapter plate to 700r4 , the convertor i have now is rated 2200 stall. spoke with them and suggested 2800 -3200 stall. im 355 geared in the back posi
just missing a bit to light up the tires . so want go up in stall speed.
my question is how daily driver will it be , who is running a high stall tc like that and how does it take of slowly

My thought would be go with their recommendation. Don't know how your six shooter is built but likely it is gonna need all the help it can get to be in its torque band. BTW I think that's a great combo, using that 4 speed. In reality I don't think your engine is gonna cause major converter slipping so heat shouldn't be a problem. Drivability should be excellent.

9.5 to 1 compression , twin webers headers and dual exhaust to one muffler single outlet.
i have a line lock on it , but want spin the tires on take off. just missing a bit to get it going.
when its damp they light up ,

In the past Boss Hog has the worst reputation of any converter supplier ever. I'm surprised they are still in business. Maybe theyve cleaned up their act. I'd be very suspicious.
Doug

In the past Boss Hog has the worst reputation of any converter supplier ever. I'm surprised they are still in business. Maybe theyve cleaned up their act. I'd be very suspicious.
Doug
Is boss hog converters GER reborn?

GER reborn?
what do you recommend , brand, what was the issue with boss hog

I dont know anything about boss hog converters, frankly i had never heard of them. But if they have "the worst reputation of any converter supplier ever" , i find it hard to believe they could be worse than GER. My ger converter was the single worst pos hi performance part that has been my misfortune to own, EVER!

I knew a few Chevy guys that had BHs back in the 90s. Most were really loose feeling. A couple of the guys figured out if you wanted a cheap 4000 stall for you 300 horsepower Chevy SB, just order the 2500 rated Alabama Converter Company Boss Hog. I hadn't heard anything about them in probably 20 years and then started seeing their ads again. Maybe they are made better now, but I wouldn't count on it.

I'd forgotten about GER. In the past these 2 companys rate #1 and #2 (or #2 and #1) in building junk converters.
Doug

I had one once..... ONCE! In fairness, it was fine behind my 383 that made around 450lbs of torque. I made the mistake however of leaving it behind my 451.... didn’t last long before it came apart and took the transmission with it. Nearly took my 230-400 block When it ballooned and shoved the converter bolts against the back of the block (ugly sound!!!!). Also had to tear down the engine to check thrust Surfaces. Lesson learned, spent some money on a good converter after that.
In fairness, I don’t think it was fair to put a cheap converter behind 600 ft-lbs. it also heated up though, even behind the 383.

Last edited:
I had one once..... ONCE! In fairness, it was fine behind my 383 that made around 450lbs of torque. I made the mistake however of leaving it behind my 451.... didn’t last long before it came apart and took the transmission with it. Nearly took my 230-400 block When it ballooned and shoved the converter bolts against the back of the block (ugly sound!!!!). Also had to tear down the engine to check thrust Surfaces. Lesson learned, spent some money on a good converter after that.
In fairness, I don’t think it was fair to put a cheap converter behind 600 ft-lbs. it also heated up though, even behind the 383.
Was that a boss hog, or a GER? (I Learned my lesson too. I replaced this one [ NOT a ger! ] with a munsinger.)

20180908_091309.jpg 20180908_091303.jpg

Weve run the relatively lower priced ($500) PTC conveters from 600 -800HP. Never a failure.
Doug

my engine has about 220 h.p. (Most of the TC have hp rating) , i'm guessing i should be fine regards to blowing one up. summit have some of there own and Fti looks good.Any body have any feedback on summit.

I have had 2 bad ones over the last 3 years. The ring on one was chewed up right out of the box!

Auto Transport Service
Back