Bought a Daytona...$400.00

69500charger

Local time
5:46 PM
Reaction score
Yes, you read it right, 400 bucks for a 69 Daytona. Bought it from the original owner...obviously a project car but all parts are included. The matching numbers HEMI and 4 speed are there along with the 4.10 Dana. This is my 6th Daytona...I just keep finding them.

69daytona32.jpg

69daytona33.jpg

69daytona35.jpg

69500charger

Local time
Reaction score
Of my 6 Daytonas, this is only my 2nd Hemi Daytona. It is however, the 20th hemi car I have owned.

69500charger

Local time
Reaction score
I lived next door to the original owner until 1985. we stayed firends through the years and he called me last week and asked if I wanted it. He needed to get it out of his yard. He was going to give it to me for free, but I told him I had to give him something for it. I told me to buy him a new DVD recorder and we would call it even...It needs ALOT of work, but the 426 was removed and rebuilt about a year ago. It even came with new glass and new chrome, as well as a complete new legendary interior.

res1vw21

Local time
Reaction score
was that in a fire? looks like the roof is all warped, 'corse it could just be my eyes it's been a long day. O and for the record I hate you too!

69500charger

Local time
Reaction score
Good eye. The car was put in the garage, the drivetrain was removed and rebuilt and the rstoration was well on its way. The body was about 99% rust free. On the driver side floor board, there was a rust hole about 2" round. The owner made a small metal patch and welded it in. One word of advise, if you are welding a floor board that had been undercoated...have someone with you with a water hose or fire extenqusher. The car went up, causing the damage up see here. 100% perfect sheetmetal is now warped and pitted. Structurally the car is still great, I had it on the frame machine in my shop and it measures out perfrct.

69500charger

Local time
Reaction score
It's hard to tell in the pics but was warped due to the heat and water pressure from the fire dept.

davezinn

Local time
Reaction score
something's off here? the first pic looks like a completely mangled, but still painted body. the next pics it looks like it's covered in rust and mud? fire damaged or rolled over a cliff?

more pics?

res1vw21

Local time
Reaction score
so how is the nose? Yes it's the curse of a body man if it's not perfect I tend to see it. It drives me NUTS.... o and by way I still hate you today too.:mob::4164823-pengforks: