• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought a New Welder!

threewood

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:43 AM
Reaction score
Miller Multimatic 215 w/ TIG kit

My old Lincoln 135sp has had it and I didn't feel like fixing it again. This new Miller has some sweet specs. 110v or 240v with a swap of a connector. MIG/TIG/Arc. I have a 240v outlet in the garage but will be running it on 110v as well. Should be here end of the week!

Miller 215.jpg

Nice I have one close to the same. Great units.

Wow, looks like a super nice unit.

I have a crappy Craftsman MIG welder and a separate oxy/ acetelene setup. However, I guess I better improve my welding before I man up and buy something better!!!

Very Nice ! Sure you'll be putting that thing to good use too !

I like running on 240V myself . . .

TIG option opens a bunch of doors.

The TIG option is amazing. And I like the ARC welding for outside in the wind. In the garage I can use the 240v, but wheeling around outside I can use the 110v with an extension.

It's amazing how small this has become!! My Millermatic 200 from the early 80's is huge but it still has the huge spool that was in it when I got it! It's been used a lot too....

The only thing with the tig. Is it will be pure argon. No mix. Mig is 50/50 but it will serve you well. Good tools lead to good results.

In for the review, I'm looking at this myself. Trying to decide if it's worth getting this with the TIG stuff or just buying a dedicated MIG machine.

In for the review, I'm looking at this myself. Trying to decide if it's worth getting this with the TIG stuff or just buying a dedicated MIG machine.

I bought the 215 and the tig setup separate and saved a couple hundred dollars. I am definitely interested to get going on tig welding. I need to rewire my outlet and compressor cord to accept the nema 6-50 plug on the welder.

to have both on one is a really good idea. Especially from a well known maker. I guess it all depends what you may be working with. To me. Both

I got the welder. Super happy!! The mig will do 3/8" steel no problem. Tried the arc welder out and it was solid. Very nice beads and the auto set is sweet.

I'm going to run a separate line for the welder, 6/2 wire into a 50a 240v breaker. It is really easy since the breaker panel is behind where I want the receptacle.

I still need to get an argon tank for the tig.
20200926_125213.jpg
20200924_170307.jpg

Serious upgrade there. Very nice. Wish we lived closer lol.

Got the breakers in and receptacle installed. Easy peasy. Now I need a project to weld on.... @dryheat you can bring your 64 down whenever :)

20201003_163108.jpg
20201003_164302.jpg

You will love it. Bought when these 215s first came out. Was used to a 252 Miller and the versatility of this machine is awesome.

Auto Transport Service
Back