• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bounced from the track

68 HEMI GTS

Local time
8:22 PM
Reaction score
Finally had a free moment to take the road runner out for a test and tune with the new motor. Left work a bit early, loaded my lawn chairs and cooler in the trunk and drove it out to Milan. Wasn't sure exactly what to expect. She is a very stock bodied car, everything works including the heater. Goes about 4g with me in it. I get there, let the car sit for 15, air the tires down and make a hit. Felt pretty good. Get to the timing shack to get my slip and the guy is bitching at me to slow it down. So I agree and take a look at the slip.

image.jpeg

Ok damn, she's running pretty good. I decide to make a 1/8 mile hit (as not to go to fast). Car spins and doesn't run the 1/8 as fast as first pass. Time shack guy approves.. I go watch other cars run for a bit and it's getting to be around 7. Track looks to be hooking better so I figure I'll make another full blast, I'm ready to leave after this one anyway so I really didn't care if the time booth guy gets pissy.

image.jpeg

As I come rolling back up the return road the time shack guy is furiously waving his arms at me... I told home I was done but had to shoot for a ten. He says "yea I suppose".. Lol. Aired my tires back up, loaded my junk into the trunk and drove home. Pretty good night all in all. Guess I need a bar if I want to run it anymore.

image.jpeg

Awesome!! I know the feeling. Lol.
Its a great feeling though!!!!

Awesome! Had the same experience recently. LOL!

Funny how the new cars get by with it...

Well the question I have did it meet your expectation? Thats pretty nice to go crank out a 10 on the 3rd pass!!!!

Well the question I have did it meet your expectation? Thats pretty nice to go crank out a 10 on the 3rd pass!!!!

It did, I figured with the combo it "should" be around 10.9-11.0 range. It's a pretty smooth car though so I wasn't sure that it felt quite that fast. I was expecting a 20 or 30 on that first pass.

Is it tuned for the track? Think it might have another .2- .3 to give?
I would like to hear more about your combo....

Awesome! Had the same experience recently. LOL!

Funny how the new cars get by with it...

Seems they get away with murder, the tech guy wasn't even looking at the new cars, just putting numbers on them. I know a few were faster than 11.49

That's a good problem to have. I'm sure there's more than one member on the list that would be delighted to get sent home for going too fast.

Damn!! You must give me your Six Pack tuning secrets. I need to get my car that quick.

Awesome! That's one thing you shouldn't mind someone bitchin about.

I dont know if you did not post what it ran of if it dont show on my computer as I know many pics dont show on my computer from this site. I know you ran a 10 but what was the et and congrats on running 10's so soon ! Ron

I'm "confused".
It's a race track.
Isn't the idea to go fast?
I read a great article on safety overkill and it's effect on racing years ago.
Car and Driver maybe. Fire suit on but the guy had a hole in one of his shoes.
You guessed it.
Even with the power of the internet I can't find it.

Seems they get away with murder, the tech guy wasn't even looking at the new cars, just putting numbers on them. I know a few were faster than 11.49
They can run faster than you can according to the new NHRA rules.

Nice runs. You never know at Milan. We've been 9.60s with just a bar, never had an issue. My buddy dials 11.28, they tell him he has to dial 11.50. Another dials 11.13 with no bar and runs eliminations all day. They've never asked for my license or checked my cert (which are current) going 9.0.
Doug

Nice passes, Congrats, sounds like you had fun too,
I'll have to go & check out the build again for a refresher

I dont know if you did not post what it ran of if it dont show on my computer as I know many pics dont show on my computer from this site. I know you ran a 10 but what was the et and congrats on running 10's so soon ! Ron

Ron, she ran 11.04 first pass. the next full pass went 10.95 @ 122.9 with a 1.53 60ft.

Auto Transport Service
Back