• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake bleeding ?

popslavaz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:28 PM
Reaction score
Complete brake job on my ‘71 RR ,replaced everything.MBM metering block and proportioning valve,new master cylinder,all lines, I mean everything. Fronts blead fine. No fluid at all to rears. So I bought the PV Tool to replace the brake warning light switch to override the safety valve while bleeding.BUT the flipping thing is to big to thread in the hole!!! Called MBM tech line and those ***..les won’t even talk to me because I do not have my receipt number. SOOOO how do I override the valve to get juice to the rear. Is there a smaller diameter tool???

The valve and metering part is PV6070MOP. I just took it loose from the fender so I could look in the switch opening. All that’s in there is a brass rod that passes through the opening.Any MBM dealers on the board???

Releave the pressure on the front and bleed the back first. Farthest wheel from the ms first. If functioing correctly the valve will center it's self when done.
You did bench bleed the master cvlinder?

If you don't bleed them correctly......
upload_2018-9-20_17-2-12.png

And pull out on the little "tab thingy" in the proportioning/hold-off valve that sort of looks like the electrical connector on a oil pressure sender...tiny little thing...while bleeding the rear brakes.

Poindexter and the MasterCylinder !! That goes back. First try gravity bleed. Just open all the lines and let them drip into a container of some sort. Just keep the m/c full. Or Vacuum bleed. As said earlier, start at the farthest Caliper/wheel cylinder usually right rear and work forward. Both of these methods rarely cause problem with centering valves. And NEW fluid from a NEW bottle. Someimes you have to tap the calipers with a small hammer to get all the air bubbles out If you have disc brakes.

Last edited:
The brake warning light valve will not restrict fluid flow to the brakes, unless it is full of crap. The position of the slider will not restrict flow. All it does is turn on a light.

Hi, I see you have replaced your valve with an OEM porportioning valve, yes? I have maybe some help with pictures.

If you have shifted the piston over enough to close the rear brake line you will need to remove switch and carefully use a tool to start the piston to shift back into place
Be careful not to mar threads or seat for oring
This is a safety to lock one system out if you have a brake failure

Auto Transport Service
Back