• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Booster Part Number

Hikin Mike

Local time
11:03 AM
Reaction score
Still trying to figure out why my brake pedal is too high (1968 Coronet Brake Linkage Question). Looking at the booster I have, I see '1968-C' and under it says 'C-4212-D'.

The booster pushrod that attaches to the linkage inside the dash measures 3-3/8" tip to center of the hole.

Looking at my linkage/lever it says 'CW'.

The push rod from the linkage/lever to the pedal measures 2-7/16" center to center and 'E' and '2'.

Can somebody tell me if I have the correct parts?

I can't help ya besides a bump to get this back to the top...
Hopefully someone can get you info on your parts!

Looking online, I came across a photo of a firewall/linkage from Pirate Jack. Based on the photo, the linkage looks smaller than mine, which is what I wanted. I contacted them and they are in the process of moving and when the dust settles, they are going to give me some measurements. If it is, I'm going to order it.

It looks like the linkage that I have on my car isn't for a either a B body or a 68 because I had to grind it down a bit to make it fit.

If it wasn't for my legs/knees, this wouldn't be an issue.

Still trying to figure out why my brake pedal is too high (1968 Coronet Brake Linkage Question). Looking at the booster I have, I see '1968-C' and under it says 'C-4212-D'.

The booster pushrod that attaches to the linkage inside the dash measures 3-3/8" tip to center of the hole.

Looking at my linkage/lever it says 'CW'.

The push rod from the linkage/lever to the pedal measures 2-7/16" center to center and 'E' and '2'.

Can somebody tell me if I have the correct parts?
This is the pushrod on my Booster.. It's a Bendix Disc booster for a 68 Coronet...
The bellcrank & linkage is at my shop, I'll try to get a picture tomorrow

IMG_7896.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back