• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Booster upper right bolt the easy way!

Durandal25

Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score
Team,

I've seen this issue pop up several times for folks wanting to swap out a booster or to upgrade to a disc system. The upper right bolt is too close to the brake pedal mount to effectively get a deep socket, and a universal joint on it.

Solution: Take a 1/2 deep socket (1/4 in drive) and place on the nut by hand....you may have to unbolt the left windshield washer arm cotter pin and lift it up, now down....then feed a 1/4 socket extender through the bracket into the socket. you then can add an adapter to the female end and go nuts on the sum'bitch. I got mine off and it was a salty bugger. I'll attach a pic of the rig I used.

1C4CD188-02EB-486B-BDBD-801E42430FA4.jpeg

I found standing on my head contorted around the steering column does the trick too!

I found standing on my head contorted around the steering column does the trick too!
Yes, this has been the standard protocol, for me, for years, for several things. Lol, i have my drivers seat still out, so that i may be upside down for behind dash repairs. :)

Yes, this has been the standard protocol, for me, for years, for several things. Lol, i have my drivers seat still out, so that i may be upside down for behind dash repairs. :)

well this way you just need to lower the column and straight to it

Auto Transport Service
Back