• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Caliper bracket bolts???

RJS

Local time
4:23 AM
Reaction score
Had a clunk in the frontend when hitting the brakes. Found the caliper bracket missing a bolt and other one loose. These are the slider type.
Where can I easily and quickly get these bolts??

Thanks Ron

IMG_3024.JPG IMG_3025.JPG IMG_3026.JPG brake caliper bracket.jpg

Serviceable bolts easily & quickly no problem... 100% correct bolts might take a little longer....

I have been looking all night on ebay and rockauto etc... can't even find a replacement type except for 521 Restorations but that would take a while to get.

@hemi71x i think has the correct length bolt although it would take a few days to get it.

Serviceable I would hit a hardware store & pick up a grade 8 bolt of the proper size... That would get the car drivable while sourcing the correct bolt....

I'm thinking 1/2-20 NF x 1.75 but thats strictly off memory & mine isn't as good as it once was...

Thank you for the help
Ron

Found what I needed at a local Square Deal Store

They are 1/2"-20 appro. 1.75 long

Ron

Really? When I was at my shop I saw an A body caliper bracket & tried to fit a bolt through the hole, 1/2" wouldn't fit... Sorry for the wrong info...

I have a set of 4 nice used originals, PM me if your interested

Really? When I was at my shop I saw an A body caliper bracket & tried to fit a bolt through the hole, 1/2" wouldn't fit... Sorry for the wrong info...

I have no idea what my setup came from, previous owner did the conversion. I would assume 73-4 b-Body???

Thanks Ron

And to update my info... The 1/2" bolt I tried to fit into the caliper bracket the other day? Well it was in the 1/2" area of the bolt bins but it was actually a 9/16 bolt.... My bolt assortment stops at 1/2" I didn't even know I had any 9/16 bolts... Sorry for the bad info... 1/2-20 is correct...

Auto Transport Service
Back