• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Drums

67 GTX

Local time
2:51 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a company that sells either reconditioned, or new brake drums for our cars?

Looking for the 11" x 2.5" and 3"

Thanks

Do you need 11x3 front drums without hubs. Have 2 pair not Chinese have had them 30 years. $220 plus shipping for a pair.

No, Raybesto's and Wagner I believe. Saw a pair of 11x3's with hubs on Gino's website copper studs on left side? Think $1100 or so can't remember for sure.

Try musclecarbrakes.com

No, Raybesto's and Wagner I believe. Saw a pair of 11x3's with hubs on Gino's website copper studs on left side? Think $1100 or so can't remember for sure.
Thanks Fran....good drums and a good price for yours...

Was hoping NOS....I see a single here and a single there but the dates are typically in the mid 70's.....The ones I have on the X are the originals and were only turned once.. but I am always searching for a spare set..

Mine originals aren't on my car. They're about .035 to.040 o/s so one more cut.
Gino's aren't a bad price but I'll never do a restoration like yours, I couldn't do it (68 yrs old) and to pay somebody a little rich for me.

Mine originals aren't on my car. They're about .035 to.040 o/s so one more cut.
Gino's aren't a bad price but I'll never do a restoration like yours, I couldn't do it (68 yrs old) and to pay somebody a little rich for me.
Fran

Do you have a link?

I dont see them on their website?

Pm me if you dont mind

There's a lot of meat on these things and going .100 doesn't scare me at all. Heck, even did that on some 10x1.5's. Try finding those dang things new! Anyways, I have the ability to check thicknesses and do my own machining so there's no worry about some shop saying no and saying "you're crazy" lol. Also 'tested' the 10x1.5's after cutting them .100 and still didn't get all of the grooves out. They held up and didn't even wrap after the test was done :D

There's a lot of meat on these things and going .100 doesn't scare me at all. Heck, even did that on some 10x1.5's. Try finding those dang things new! Anyways, I have the ability to check thicknesses and do my own machining so there's no worry about some shop saying no and saying "you're crazy" lol. Also 'tested' the 10x1.5's after cutting them .100 and still didn't get all of the grooves out. They held up and didn't even wrap after the test was done :D
In the OE judging arena certain events will mic the drums.....If out of original spec points are deducted....

That aside I agree with ya..

It's illegal here shops won't do it.
It's illegal for them to cut em past .060 everywhere but there have been a few here and there that have gone a bit over and will tell you to scrap them while they are handing them over to ya.....

In the OE judging arena certain events will mic the drums.....If out of original spec points are deducted....

That aside I agree with ya..
First I've heard of that but have never been at a OE show. Did some judging at the Houston Mopar show (when we had one) :( but we didn't take anything apart. It was all visual and used mirrors for looking underneath the car etc. We actually tried not to touch anyone's cars unless we asked for permission or got them to move something that may have been in the way.

First I've heard of that but have never been at a OE show. Did some judging at the Houston Mopar show (when we had one) :( but we didn't take anything apart. It was all visual and used mirrors for looking underneath the car etc. We actually tried not to touch anyone's cars unless we asked for permission or got them to move something that may have been in the way.
Cranky....We are not talking some whatever show....this is the Nats and Carlisle mainly...where you get the Gold certification.....Mcacn is getting pickier and pickier every year....

These guys below....

http://www.mmcdetroit.com/ICCA/Mopars_At_The_Strip/

The Houston show and race was.....sorta big. Was supposed to be but Houston has never been a Mopar town but it did draw people from many cities but just not enough. Plus the show was late in the year when the weather was hard to predict and it usually ended up crappy. Had tornadoes one year.

I have all the OE stuff that came off the roadrunner. I bought new rear drums from Summit. Converted to front disc so I have everything from that conversion.

You can try a company called Kanter Auto Products. I know they deal in a lot of NOS brake drums.

Auto Transport Service
Back