• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake hose with M body spindles on 66

YY1

Local time
3:37 PM
Reaction score
Anyone who has put M body spindles with rear mounted calipers on a 66/67...

What brake hose did you use and what did you do about the hose to line bracket on the frame.

The 66 hose will reach the bracket, but just barely. The 87 hose has a stiffener that makes it the wrong shape, and the keyed end that goes into the frame mount is wrong. The frame mount also appears to be about six inches too far forward (because it was going to a wheel cylinder vs the bottom of a caliper).

I seem to remember "caprice" brake hose. If so, what year, and does it go into the 66 frame bracket?

The 87 steel line is close, if you undo some of the stress spirals.

The prop valve looks like it will work if I pound out the mounting stud and use a bolt.

The pressing issue for now, is the calpier hoses.

Thanks.

I usually go with a custom length steel braided hose. They aren't that expensive and more importantly, you can control the routing. Always insure that the line does not kink, bind or get overstressed throughout the entire travel of the suspension and turning lock to lock.

I will get you the part # when I get home tonight.

The brake hoses are BrakeBest part # BH99069. The caliper you need is A1 cardone part # 18-4144 & 18-4145. These hoses work with the original frame bracket and brake lines. This is only used for rear mounted calipers which is what should be done anyway.

Last edited:
Thanks much for the part number.

My calipers are fine, as they are from a running, driving car. Will that hose work with them?

...search says that part # is for 73 Satellite or Cordoba. Makes sense.

Oddly, I just looked at a 73 Road Runner about 8:00, and checked that hose. Cool.

The problem with the calipers is different years have different locations where the brake hose bolts on. Some bolt on the side some bolt on the bottem . I don't know which caliper you have but I do know the part # for the hose works with the caliper part # I gave you when you mount the caliper to the rear. These are for the slider type of caliper.
Make sure the bleeder valve points up.

Calipers are usually specific for each side. Is this set up different? Are driver and passenger the same?

Calipers are usually specific for each side. Is this set up different? Are driver and passenger the same?

That's right I forgot to list the other caliper part#. One side is A1cardone part # 18-4144 and the other side is 18-4145. I believe the 18-4145 is for the right side but that is easy to figure out.

Thanks for the tips. everything is on the "correct" side. I'll check where the hose mount is. They are sliders. I already checked for interference. There's a stop nub on the rear LBJ that hits the LCA before the hose does. The front does bang a bit, but the tie rods are not hooked up, and I'm hoping they won't allow that much travel once they're in, or perhaps the nub on the other side will stop it.

Auto Transport Service
Back