• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake light doesn’t work

dmath383

Local time
8:45 AM
Reaction score
i just installed a new turn signal switch in my 64’ Sport Fury and now when I step on the brake the right parking light comes on and I don’t have right rear brake light. Does anyone know the correct wiring colors for the 10 pin connector
Thanks
Den

Here is a shot of the column connector when I rebuilt the column on my 65 Belvedere. Hope it helps.
ColumnPlugTS.jpg

a new turn signal switch in my 64’ Sport Fury
I'm sure I've read a few posts, saying some 'new' signal switches were wired wrong. Go by the 64 wiring diagrams, to check it out. If wrong, easy fix.

Sounds like a poor ground at the right rear bulb socket. The current is looking for a path to ground. Going through the RR running lamp circuit through the front bulb to ground.
Doug

Did you try moving the turn signal indicator?
I have one in mine that is bad and will not light the LR brakelight unless it is in the perfect position...move it too far and the right one goes out...

I had the same problem,It was the turn signal switch,went thru 2 after market and they were junk,The last one I ordered was from Mega Parts and it came with a new connector also and it works great

Auto Transport Service
Back