• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Line Coils

jdhreiss

Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
I converted my 67 Belvedere to front discs using the Master Power Brake kit. My question is; do I need to coil the lines before they attach to the proportioning valve? Am I correct in assuming the coiled lines prevent cracking due to vibration? I see a lot of rods without coiled lines, but I'm not sure. Suggestions?? Joe:confused:

The main reason is to give flexibility or play you could say. Cars like GM's that are body bolted to frame with rubber mounts have play between the body and frame with momentum situations like hard braking/acceleration. With the proportioning valve on the frame and the lines to the body/master cylinder obviously there needs to be some give in between. Uni-bodies, like our mopars even have some warp or play in certain situations. I don't know about the vibration thing, but imagine you could have some pretty serious cracking, tearing, or pulling apart of the system if they were strait lined plumbed.

Hope it helps.........

Auto Transport Service
Back