• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake line kit questions

Beekeeper

It’s a disease without a cure!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:57 PM
Reaction score
Ok I’ve come to the experts for some info:luvplace:
I want to replace all the brake lines on my 69 bee and it’s a manual drum/drum brake system.
Gonna convert the front to 11.75 discs have the 15/16” bore manual drum/disc master cylinder and need a little info on the best kit to use while replacing all the lines. Would it be best to install the the same manual drum/drum line kit and find the right flex hoses for the calipers or is there a better option out there I should look at? All the parts are factory mopar pieces and the calipers will be rear mounted due to the sway bar interference.
Thanks

Fine Lines, or The Right Stuff should be able to fix you up with correct lines for your specific application.

I talked to fine lines and they recommended a kit that’s for power brakes.

I have been buying all my brake stuff from Dr. Diff recently. Been a lot more satisfied with him compared to vendors I have used in the past.

It is quite easy to fab your own lines. Buy the copper/nickel tubing (no rust/easy bend) and a set of 3/16" benders. You will need a flaring tool and a tube cutter. Just remember to put the tube nuts on BEFORE you make the flare! This way you will own the tools and always make your own lines from now on.
Mike

Thanks Mike I have the tools and have considered just making up my own lines just thought to save some time I would checkout some pre bent kits.

For the low cost of preformed I wasn't pulling out all the tools. Mine came from The Right Stuff

We have sold both the brake and fuel line kits for Fine Lines and Right Stuff through the years. Unfortunately, it seems like it is a hit or miss scenario of getting a set of fuel or brake lines that will fit with minimum efforts. Some are not even close. We are now using Right Stuff for the prebent lines. After several issues with the conversion kits, I have decided to no longer offer them as they fell short of my expectations.

If your doing a restoration using all of the factory original parts, you can pretty much do ok with installing the pieces from the various manufacturers. If you start deviating from the factory spec pieces within the year model, engine/brake combination and body style, expect issues in my opinion. Your better off fabricating your own system. Many of the more common pieces can be purchased locally. If you want to build your own system with the correct color tube nuts and such, you can still purchase those pieces from Fine Lines, Inline Tubes, Right Stuff, etc.

Auto Transport Service
Back