• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

brake line redo

moparsquid

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
im sure this is been answered but I know I saw a company that sells prebent kits to convert 62 single pot master to dual on early b body cars I thought it was fine lines but coudlnt find any product

Inline is what I used on the '62 Dodge

20170722_155714.jpg

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...p-new-residence.114133/page-10#post-910726216

Easy to do. Remove the front line from the Front/rear line T fitting. Seal the T fitting with an inverted flare plug. Fab a new line from the existing front feed line to the master cylinder front brake outlet port. Uses an inverted flare adapter to connect the new an existing lines.. Connect the original master cylinder outlet to the rear brake port of the new master cylinder. If you buy the right length line you wont even have to flare anything. The new master cylinder may require adapters as the ports may be different sizes. You will notice I've said nothing about proportioning. In most cases they are unnecesary. However a proportioning valve is easily added between the T fitting and rear line. If you need one I suggest the adjustable aftermarket type.
Doug

If buy you adapters for master cyl. rather than proper fittings. Make sure threads on adapters don't bottom out before they seat. Bought a pair threaded them in and ran out thread because they were to short. Went to another parts found longer ones.

Auto Transport Service
Back