• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake pedal problem

David Baird

Local time
3:18 PM
Reaction score
I switched my brakes on a 66 belvedere to disc on front drum on back also I went with power brakes now my pedal is too high with no travel causing my brakes to drag any idea what I need to do to fix this problem

did you replace you proportional valve ? did one come with your kit?

I did and everything seems to work good except for the pedal when I put the booster and master cylinder on the rod didnt line up with the pedal I have a bracket fabricated to make it work I did notice the with the rod not hooked up the pedal still won't go to the floor it goes about half way I would buy whatever I need to fix this problem but I don't what to get I've even thought about trying another booster

If the rods not hooked then what is stopping the pedal from going all the way down?

Did you get a disc brake master cylinder? Drum brake cylinder has residual pressure valve in port for front circuit. Not needed with disc brakes.

Im not sure I cant tell for sure but yes I did get the booster and master cylinder for disc drum do you know of a bracket or something to connect the booster to the pedal

Your drag is most likely at the master to booster. Did you adjust the rod? If to long the master stays applied.

I did adjust the rod but maybe not enough I'll try adjusting it again

This is what the stock power brake linkage looks like
Screenshot_20220318-181528.png

I have adjusted it but I'll try to adjust it again thanks for trying to help

This is what I have but after looking at your picture I think my rod from the bracket to the pedal may be too long

Pull the master the end of the rod will have an adjuster. Are the brakes dragging now? If so loosen the master and see if they release.

They are dragging and I have adjusted it some but maybe not enough

I also have a 68 fury parts car would any of the brake pedal linkage work on the belvedere?
Did you loosen the master as I suggested to see if they quit dragging????????????????????????

Yeah I just did it seemed to help but I think I'm out of adjustment and I still have a full pedal

Auto Transport Service
Back