• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake wiring with Ron francis kit

Josephevers86

Local time
10:09 AM
Reaction score
Trying to finish wiring my 69 charger. I'm stuck on the rear lights. Specifically the brake lights. I have a big 18 x 24 scematic from classic car wiring. I'm using a ron francis xp777 kit. On the schematic it shows the brake wire coming from the brake light switch to the reverse lights. Is that correct?

No. Power through the brake light switch is sent to the turn signal switch. The turn signal switch then sends it to the rear bulbs right and left side respectively.

Trying to finish wiring my 69 charger. I'm stuck on the rear lights. Specifically the brake lights. I have a big 18 x 24 scematic from classic car wiring. I'm using a ron francis xp777 kit. On the schematic it shows the brake wire coming from the brake light switch to the reverse lights. Is that correct?
When I rewired mine, RF kits stated use the new schematic they provided. I found the old original schematic was very helpful too! Good to compare the differences so you can adjust accordingly!

When I rewired mine, RF kits stated use the new schematic they provided. I found the old original schematic was very helpful too! Good to compare the differences so you can adjust accordingly!
do you have a picture of the new sche.atic. I bout this kit a couple years ago so I'm not sure what version I'm using.

do you have a picture of the new sche.atic. I bout this kit a couple years ago so I'm not sure what version I'm using.
It’s a blown up color version. I got from classic car wiring. Here’s the link..

https://classiccarwiring.com/produc...or-wiring-diagram-includes-r-t-se-500-daytona

I’ll see if I can get a pic or 2 that can help you out.. they’re not great and really would take a good whole pic.. hope these can help..
326C190E-C458-4B5B-B55E-15BA812D3153.jpeg
78726D89-8B22-48AC-9507-095C9BA0952B.jpeg
F6BED264-457E-4999-87AA-C6746BAC556E.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back