• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brakes on 67 Plymouth Belvedere II

cjsolar

Local time
7:08 PM
Reaction score
I am having a little problem with the brakes on my 67 Plymouth Belvedere II. When I got my car in 2010, the previous owner had converted the front brakes to disc. I think they came off either a 75-76 Aspen or Volare.
The problem I have is when the car has set for a short period of time, the brake pedal goes to the floor. After the car moves the pressure builds up and the brakes work fine for a while. If the car stops for a period of time (extra long light, etc.) it starts all over.
I have not found any leaks in the brake line or wheel cylinders (back brakes). I am under the impression it may be a vacuum leak somewhere but not sure where. Any help would be appreciated.:banghead:

Bleed the brakes and master. If the same condition exsits,the master is most likely bad.When bleeding,check for ANY brake fluid leakage.

Auto Transport Service
Back