• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brakes

Sully69

Local time
7:02 PM
Reaction score
69 bird, I want to replace brakes on front. What is a good conversion kit to disc front. I want a kit with master, its bad. whats thought on a booster or will I need this, Im worried about looks of the booster and room it will take up. I have a torsion bar on front end, I believe some had and some not and it makes difference on kit. thanks for any help.

I got the master kit for my 67 Coronet from Classic Performance Products. It came with master cylinder, booster and spindles to make it all work. The booster clears everything in the engine bay, however I would double check on your car. Only thing I recommend is to get new pads, the ones that come with the kit squeal really bad. Other than that its a really good product. They have very good customer service as well.

Classic Car and Truck Brake, Steering and Suspension Parts

The easiest way is to get an SSBC wheel kit which uses your existing spindles.
Change the master cylinder to a RAYBESTOS MC36307 which you can get from RockAuto.
This would be for a 1970 Roadrunner with manual disc brakes.
Pretty much what I have on my 66 Charger and it stops well.
You really don't need power brakes unless you have leg problems.

I just completed my switch about 2 weeks ago on a 69 RR. I went with Pirate Jack. The kit was totally complete except for some brake lines you’ll have to make. I did drilled and slotted rotors, braided hoses, new spindles. There are some choices of the finish you want on the booster and different master cylinder also. I wanted the OE looking master instead of the GM looking one. I went from manual drum and did not have to cut the firewall. The propositioning valve came with lines to hook it up and is under the master in my application. And yes, I added line lock since everything was apart anyway.

70D0EE56-26EA-497F-9A4C-8112762D1BB4.jpeg

8B60F2C3-B0C2-4CC2-BB91-A02E9A08F0DD.jpeg

4813493E-0D94-41D4-AE0A-AE243DB423E6.jpeg

39923112-F6E6-4A5A-87CE-3A1BAAB8CF31.jpeg

Just don't buy one of these ugly forkin things that the previous owner put on my '64. It also dented the hood.
1964dodgepolara 032.JPG

1964dodge440cleanupweek3 004.JPG

Yup do not get the Right stuff Detailing kit. The boosters stop working for no apparent reason. Same as above.

We have many options in respect to disc brake conversions for your vehicle. We have kits that include new spindles or kits that use your existing brake drum spindles (Wilwood and Leed Brakes). We also have manual or power brake conversions. Also as a member of forum you would be eligible for the FBBO discount and free shipping within the US 48 states. Here is a link below to get started. Please let me now if you have any questions.

PST Disc Brake Conversions

Thanks
James From
PST

I just completed my switch about 2 weeks ago on a 69 RR. I went with Pirate Jack. The kit was totally complete except for some brake lines you’ll have to make. I did drilled and slotted rotors, braided hoses, new spindles. There are some choices of the finish you want on the booster and different master cylinder also. I wanted the OE looking master instead of the GM looking one. I went from manual drum and did not have to cut the firewall. The propositioning valve came with lines to hook it up and is under the master in my application. And yes, I added line lock since everything was apart anyway.

View attachment 1366384

View attachment 1366386

View attachment 1366387

View attachment 1366388
nice bird

What, no love for the crappy corvette system?

BTW, they don't work on a corvette either..
Works really well.. just looks like ****. I see why guys use it to convert though, easy to buy from NAPA and comes complete with the distribution valve mounted right to it.

Auto Transport Service
Back