• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brand of products that you've had lousy luck with......

O'Reilly Master Pro tie rod ends that don't fit the wifes car correctly.

You can sue if its Westinghouse!!! Crap right there. I have been reading and hearing lately how shitty Samsung products are especially their appliances. I purchased a double top/freezer lower 1 1/2 years ago and so far it is doing a very nice job. Now that's not saying that it won't happen but for now it is doing as it should. But, if it does take a crap, then not one more here in the house. Got Frigidaire appliances in the rest of the kitchen and they are great. Washer and Dryer are Hot Points of which I have had for years without issues. Gunny that Champion Spark Plugs was mentioned as I have pretty much used them throughout my automotive usage with the exception now on my 201 F-150 as they are Motorcraft. Other than just some cheap as CCP junk that I went with in the past, I cannot think of anything that has failed me consistently. Guess I am just easy on things...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Richmond Gears - two new sets, 4 set ups by experienced mechanic and still howls. Wouldn’t wish them on an enemy.

Brand name tools. Snap-On, Matco and others. Now I just stick with Pittsburgh, or anything from Harbor Freight.
How are the HF tools holding up? I'm pretty well tooled up with Craftsman (mostly from the 70's), Proto (gifts), and Snap-on. Lot of the Snap-on stuff came from estate sales etc and were too cheap to pass on so haven't needed to buy anything in years but do have a aluminum jack from HF. Had two Lincolns but one needed rebuilding after years of service and even bought a seal kit and it just sat around so I sent it on it's way. The other one still works but have to put some weight on the saddle (foot) to get it started....

Interstate batteries,
At our shop everything we have to deal with or jump a dead car or truck it has a interstate in it.
It has became a running joke anymore.
To be sure.... I should have purchased stock in the company , they have a fantastic marketing outfit.

Interstate - junk

1. Eveready batteries
  2. General Electric anything; especially incandescent bulbs and LED lighting
  3. Carrier household A/C units
  4. Dell computers
  5. NGK spark plugs

And won't buy/have again.

For me it's General tires. Used to be GE appliances but think they are better now? From what I'm hearing from friends and relatives, Samsung appliances suck and don't plan on having any of that.
Samsung Refrigerator is the worst. Ice maker is junk. Absolute junk. There is even a class action lawsuit regarding that.

^^^^:wetting: Corona :poke: ^^^^

there's a thread about it even, Taste of Pea

Coker tires. O.K. if you just want your car to look nice. If you actually drive your car, Good Luck. I had plies separate at about 4,000 miles.

How are the HF tools holding up? I'm pretty well tooled up with Craftsman (mostly from the 70's), Proto (gifts), and Snap-on. Lot of the Snap-on stuff came from estate sales etc and were too cheap to pass on so haven't needed to buy anything in years but do have a aluminum jack from HF. Had two Lincolns but one needed rebuilding after years of service and even bought a seal kit and it just sat around so I sent it on it's way. The other one still works but have to put some weight on the saddle (foot) to get it started....

I wasn’t being serious, however, I do have a few tools from HF and I have zero complaints. Cheers!

Interstate batteries,
At our shop everything we have to deal with or jump a dead car or truck it has a interstate in it.
It has became a running joke anymore.
To be sure.... I should have purchased stock in the company , they have a fantastic marketing outfit.
I second that, and i speak from experience.

20220420_173711.jpg

Gates belts. I had three of them blow apart on my lawnmower, lucky to get 90 minutes out of them. Replaced with a Husquvarna kevlar belt and no problems for the past couple of years.

My overly-simple answer to the question: "Chinesium" brands. Any of 'em.
It's a futile effort, I know - but I've been making a serious effort to avoid buying any "durable good"
produced in China for the last few years now...
To the point of searching out and buying older (but new) stuff just to find the quality I miss from
my younger years - and yes, made in the USA (Canada also quite acceptable).

Auto Transport Service
Back