• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brembo brakes

Ray Labrecque

Local time
5:50 AM
Reaction score
What’s goin on everybody, I just bought a brembo brake setup off of a 07 SRT magnum and was wondering if anyone has done this swap before on a 69 B-body. I can piece together and fabricate what I need, was more wondering if anyone had intel on a purchasable spindle or caliper bracket to make it work. Before I start fabricating, thanks

I put 02 Viper calipers on my 73 Cuda and am planning on putting 18 Mustang GT500 calipers on my 71 Charger. You can use the stock spindle but what you need is a hub, there are 2 ways to get that; you can buy one from Dr Diff or I think Wilwood has them or what I prefer is to use the stock rotor or front drum brake drums.

If you have stock rotors, you can cut off the unneeded part on a lathe or brake lathe. Takes awhile but you get hubs that work well. If you have drums, you can disassemble them and get the hub out of it or you can cut the drum off on a lathe or brake lathe. Once you have the hub you just need to get some rotors with 5x4.5" pattern that slide over the studs (Wilwood, Mustang, etc.)

To mount the calipers of course you need a bracket, there are a few places that were offering brackets for specific brake calipers such Dr Diff, AR Engineering, etc. but I found that you had to use exactly what they were promoting (not necessarily a bad thing) but I made my own brackets.

The way I did it was to mock up the calipers on the rotors (I used Wilwood), then I used some cardboard to mock up a bracket which I transferred over to steel plate. Its not rocket science but does take a lot of fitting, measuring, etc.

I used Wilwood rotors on all 4 corners, I think I have 13" fronts and 11 or 12" rear. I used 88 Cobra rear calipers which surprisingly are the exact same design used on the 18 GT500s.

The nice think with the Wilwoods is that you can change the rotor hats, so you don't have to buy entire new rotors if they wear out or don't work. It took a lot of measuring and mock up to get the offset that I wanted but I ended up spending some time on the phone with a tech from Wilwood to get what I needed.

I’ll defiantly have to call and talk to a tech at wilwood, using there rotors will probably be the easiest route for that, what wheels size did you run on ur cuda?

I’ll defiantly have to call and talk to a tech at wilwood, using there rotors will probably be the easiest route for that, what wheels size did you run on ur cuda?

Actually I used some aftermarket Mustang wheels I got off CL, they are 17x10 in the rear and 17x8 in the front as I recall.

There's a user on here named @Invincibleextremes also on Facebook and Instagram. He makes a kit for mustang brembo brakes for our cars. I feel like he's made a bracket for the srt brembos too or can make them. The mustang bracket only goes for 300.

I went the Mustang Brembo route. I made my own brackets but the guy mentioned above makes them and sells them to a fair price. The Chrysler or Dodge brembos could also be fitted but they required more work as I understood. I assume it has to do with the offset. Mine fit perfectly with a 10mm steel plate as adapter to the old drum spindles.

IMG_20210323_185516.jpg IMG_20210323_185415.jpg IMG_20210321_175750.jpg

For clarity sake, the mustang calipers come is 2 sizes I think, there is the GT500 and then the GT (or something like that). I have the GT500 calipers that I am planning to use on my Charger and they are pretty big. I am wondering what everyone (anyone) is using for rotors and what size wheels are being used. I am pretty sure I am going to have to run at least an 18" wheel but won't know until I mock it up.

I got the GT500 calipers. Im running 19in rims with the 05-13 mustang brake and rotors. I got the caliper on the wrong side also

Screenshot_20210812-173321_Samsung Internet.jpg

For the Invincible Extreme kit it's whatever years include the 2010 Mustang. The mustang GT front rotors are 13.2", GT500 (brembo) fronts are 14". I bought the brackets and have been running the 13.2" rotors for about 4 years now. I have 18x8 AR Torq Thrust D and the calipers are wide enough that it needs a 1/4" spacer. There is still a fair bit of room between the caliper and the barrel, but I don't know if the brembos would clear. There's a thread on dodgecharger.com with quite a few posts and at least one member over there is running the brembos with this kit.

I have seen the thread on Dodgecharger.com which is where I got the idea to use the Mustang Brembos. I just need to figure out which rotors I want to use.

Thanks, that looks pretty good. What did you use as a hub?
The same, drum hubs and spindles. I made my own brackets at work from 10mm steel. We have a waterjet cutter that made the job easy.
I had to take off some material on the Mustang rotors. The mopar hubs is slightly larger than the hole in the rotors. It wasn't much, maybe 0,5-1mm off.

Auto Transport Service
Back