• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bright Dip Anodizing

MoparMitch

Local time
6:53 PM
Reaction score
Can some one give me some info on where on the east coast to have some trim parts stripped and redone in Bright Dip Anodization. need Grill , Headlamp doors, Door rocker plates Etc. Anyone with experience with this please chime in. Thanks

Had Special t's do my 64 grill. Nice job but unbelievablely expensive and did not stick to initial estimate. Maybe you get what you pay for. Maybe not. Spook

Regardless of who you use, this is time consuming work. You cannot expect a quick turn around.

Iverson Automotive is in MN. Not on the east coast, but closer than the west coast. http://iversonautomotive.com/contact.htm

Not sure where Alltrim is located, or if the guy is still doing work. Ther is an email POC on the website. http://iversonautomotive.com/contact.htm

I used King of Trim...shipped all my aluminum trim (grill, headlight bezels, trunk finish panel, side trim down both sides) from MD to CA. They took longer than estimated, but I expected that after researching them (Googled King of Trim). I had to send side pieces and finish panel back...not for bright work, but for paint flaws(!). Marcos took it back and made it right, but again, it took longer. I am satisfied with the end results.

Most places will not give you an estimate without seeing the the pieces. What you may think is not bad may prove to need a lot of labor.

Found a company in Reading Pa called Industrial Metal Plating that will take my parts after I prep them. Says they can strip them and Bright dip anodize all 5 parts for $250. I think thats the way Im goin.

Found a company in Reading Pa called Industrial Metal Plating that will take my parts after I prep them. Says they can strip them and Bright dip anodize all 5 parts for $250. I think thats the way Im goin.

Please be sure to post the results when you get them back. Inquiring minds want to know.

Had Iverson do some stainless work for me...NOT happy. Ended up doing it over myself and he is very proud of his pricing. Pays your money...takes your chances. Just relating my experience with his work. Spook.

Regardless of who you use, this is time consuming work. You cannot expect a quick turn around.

Iverson Automotive is in MN. Not on the east coast, but closer than the west coast. http://iversonautomotive.com/contact.htm

Not sure where Alltrim is located, or if the guy is still doing work. Ther is an email POC on the website. http://iversonautomotive.com/contact.htm

I used King of Trim...shipped all my aluminum trim (grill, headlight bezels, trunk finish panel, side trim down both sides) from MD to CA. They took longer than estimated, but I expected that after researching them (Googled King of Trim). I had to send side pieces and finish panel back...not for bright work, but for paint flaws(!). Marcos took it back and made it right, but again, it took longer. I am satisfied with the end results.

Most places will not give you an estimate without seeing the the pieces. What you may think is not bad may prove to need a lot of labor.

I had an issue with them requiring me to return a piece of trim. Still not completely fixed but what to do? The other stuff came out good.

Meep-Meep,

I have felt your frustration. I think from time to time they (King of Trim) get a bit overwhelmed with orders and they start rushing pieces. I was satisfied with their repair of dings and scratches. It was the painted areas of Silver Argent and Black that I had trouble with.
(side note: They are WAY better than what Superior Chrome out of TX did with my pot metal!...I don't recommend them.)

I spoke directly with Marcos (via email & over the phone) at King of Trim, explaining why I was sending the pieces back. He had no problem with re-doing the work. I enclosed a letter with my inventory sheet explaining exactly what I was dissatisfied with and that due to the missed quality control, we were both now paying for double shipping. I also reminded him his work was his signature in this market. He seemed to take it all as constructive criticism and gave me a good product the 2nd time around. Museum pieces? Close. Concourse? Not quite. But they were $1,100 cheaper than a second estimate I received.

If they are truly subpar, I would send them back...knowing you will be paying for shipping AGAIN. He may not always answer the phone (I left numerous messages and found my best chances at catching him were late in the day), but we eventually did catch up. He seemed sincere in his desire to satisfy the customer.

Good luck.

Whoever you choose, stay clear of Mike Voth who owns "Alltrim". Unless he received some much-needed mental health treatment, the guy is a freakin' time bomb. He "restored" a beautiful dent free 68 RR finish panel I sent him, but at one point he threatened to destroy it! He was in between old shop and new shop and was actually sending out items to be dipped elsewhere. When I told him to just ship it back to me, he refused and ended up doing a half-assed job. Like I said, he's a tempermental nutcase.

Finally sent out my unbent grill, headlamp doors, and door rocker plates to an outfit in Reading Pa. Guy says he could strip off the old anodizing and reanodize for $250 if I prepped the parts myself,So I stripped of the black paint and sanded a couple of scratches out. He says he can turn them around in 7-10 days. When I get em back I will detail paint them myself and save a ton of money to boot. I'll let you all know how they turn out.

Hi Guy's, AllTrim no longer does Anodizing and I heard he sucked anyway. The Chrome Shop in Richmonville, PA called Librandi's my family has used. Good Price's and real nice re-chroming however no Anodizing though. I am working on a guy for Anodizing and will let you Folk's know if any good.

Well , I finally got my bright dip stuff back , after the first check I sent them got lost in the mail. It looks like new to me. I think they did an awesome job on them. Now I will have to re rivet the steel brackets back onto the ends of the grille , and detail paint it withe correct argent grey and semi gloss black. Detail the headlight doors as well. They were true to thier word. Cost was $250. One heck of a lot less than paying Alltrim or King of trim to do what they would probably charge $1000 + for. The name again is Industial Metal Plating, and they are located in Reading Pa. PM me if you need thier Number.

Attachments

• IMG_0009(3).jpg
    IMG_0009(3).jpg
    102 KB · Views: 766
  • IMG_0010(2).jpg
    IMG_0010(2).jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 758
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 749
Those pieces look really nice, ssems like a fair price also.

Well , I finally got my bright dip stuff back , after the first check I sent them got lost in the mail. It looks like new to me. I think they did an awesome job on them. Now I will have to re rivet the steel brackets back onto the ends of the grille , and detail paint it withe correct argent grey and semi gloss black. Detail the headlight doors as well. They were true to thier word. Cost was $250. One heck of a lot less than paying Alltrim or King of trim to do what they would probably charge $1000 + for. The name again is Industial Metal Plating, and they are located in Reading Pa. PM me if you need thier Number.

I guess this is the best time to make my first post. Anodizing is the cheapest part of the process. When you deal with a place like All Trim or MCB you are paying for a complete restoration of the part. My GTS tail panel required dents and dings removed. The panel had a slight twist to it, and tons of tiny pinhead sized pits in the metal due to the exhaust. The part in the picture was stripped, straighten, filled, polished,plated and painted in the correct textured silver and black paint Even the Dodge lettering was completly masked and done correctly.

Your parts came out nice. I'm just posting to let others know there is more to it than unscrewing a grille and bringing to a plater.

P.S to the guy who said he heard ALL trim doesn't do good work. He did an excellent job considering what he started with.

DSC00235.jpg

GTS, My stuff was cleaned and staighted way before I even sent it out. Believe me, I know the process. If somrone knowes what there doing , it can allbe done at your home shop. It's way!! less expensive to do it yourself. Hey, by the way , you need to introduce yourself on the Welcome Wagon. Welcome to the Madness.

GTS, My stuff was cleaned and staighted way before I even sent it out. Believe me, I know the process. If somrone knowes what there doing , it can allbe done at your home shop. It's way!! less expensive to do it yourself. Hey, by the way , you need to introduce yourself on the Welcome Wagon. Welcome to the Madness.

I understand. Just wanted to let others who are reading this thread know that there is a difference.

I do most of the work on my car. But I only have a one car garage, and the use of my fathers one car garage 50 miles away. that being said I know my skills, and I know this piece wouldn't have came out as good. I really started with a subpar piece as these tailpanels are extremely hard to find. They really got beat up.

I really should introduce myself. but I'm not a real big poster. I joined becauseI'm getting a craving for a 68 Coronet R/T or Bee. Well, thats if I could find one in my price range, and find a place to put it. But, no rush. It took me 7 years to find my GTS.

GTS, You are exactly right some are harder to find than others, especially the rare ones, Those rear panels for The RR's are also hard to find. Sometimes you have to deal deal with what you have to work with. Come on to the site . Lots of knowlege here on this site. You should post some pics. of your ride here. These guys love car ****

Hmm. Well maybe I will call them ( Industrial Metal Plating ) on the anodizing for my headlight bezels. I was just going to polish them but they would get hazy and need a re-polish. Thanks 68chicken.

They do look like new ones! I never would have imagined them being done at such a low price
They truly do great work... Good luck with the detailing and finished look.

Auto Transport Service
Back