• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bring a Trailer Sold $829 Million in Cars in 2021, Walloping Auction Houses

Moving online removes the middle-men in an inherently opaque industry cloaked by back-door deals, insider favors, and clubby agreements between power brokers.

this,this,this.
how many times have you seen some cars get ten minutes!! onstage and then the truly great cars get a minute...
and wondered what in the he!!......

plus ,look at the fees versus the so called great auction houses....
Buying on BAT is simple, like EBay: Those who want to place a bid must register with the site and provide a credit card number. Whoever has the highest bid when the seven-day countdown timer hits zero wins the vehicle and pays a 5% buyer’s fee, capped at $5,000—significantly lower than the double-digit percentages required from sellers and buyers at traditional auction houses. Sellers pay a $99 flat rate to list their cars.

how many times have you seen some cars get ten minutes!! onstage and then the truly great cars get a minute...
Been there done that, It's all about who you are and who you know.

Tr
this,this,this.

plus ,look at the fees versus the so called great auction houses....

True! I drove my car onto the stage at Barrett in Scottsdale,shut it off and as soon as I stepped out of the car he slammed the hammer on it! I was like WTF.

No one "Just testing the waters" on BaT!:rolleyes:
:D

I’ve never bought a car online, eBay or other. What do you think the advantage BAT gained over eBay is? Is it cheaper to sell on BAT? eBay has been around much longer.

Idk... it’s a strange site. It sure seems to benefit the seller when you have comments as the auction is ending about how much more the car is worth... from people that aren’t putting up any money.

All the seller pays on BAT is the listing fee, buyer pays 5% on top of sale price to BAT. 40 million in selling fees alone last year eh... time to start a website.... :D

I’ve never bought a car online, eBay or other. What do you think the advantage BAT gained over eBay is? Is it cheaper to sell on BAT? eBay has been around much longer.

I think the advantage of bat is the ability to openly discuss the car. Some people not helpful but many are, or know the car personally and can offer insight.

I like the layout as well. Photos are easily viewed, which is sometimes a pain on ebay with page redirects

it " seems " to me like they do a better job of making sure the car description actually somewhat Fits,and they certainly have backed up and forced refunds on bad deals.
from what little i understood,they actually pay some of that refund themselves,as guaranteed.

One thing I’ve noticed. OEM restorations don’t do as well as restomods. Re: the recent $86k ‘69 Satellite.

All the seller pays on BAT is the listing fee, buyer pays 5% on top of sale price to BAT. 40 million in selling fees alone last year eh... time to start a website.... :D
and they even Cap that 5 at 5 grand!!
pays a 5% buyer’s fee, capped at $5,000—significantly lower than the double-digit percentages required from sellers and buyers at traditional auction houses. Sellers pay a $99 flat rate to list their cars.

And to think that none of them actually run and drive.

Auto Transport Service
Back