• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bringing back the slant six

Hope this one has some breathing ability......

the last slant 6 I had I threw in a ditch . the last v6 I had was in a 2002 Concord that went to the crusher at only 56,000 miles. I will never own anything but a V8 from here on out

FCA prepares to phase out both engines for an inline-six that would serve as an indirect successor to the Slant-6 produced between 1959 and 2000.

1883 was the last year.

oh yes , 198 inches ,a real work mule. you could put a brick on the gas pedal, walk a way and 2 days later it would still be running

FCA prepares to phase out both engines for an inline-six that would serve as an indirect successor to the Slant-6 produced between 1959 and 2000.

1883 was the last year.
1983 for cars, 1987 for trucks, 1991 for marine applications. Mexico kept building them until 2000 for the replacement market.

From the article, it says.
"The Pentastar V6 dates back to 2010, and over the years, it has proven itself both as a workhorse and as a headache-inducing engine due to problems with the design of the heads, water pump, and radiator."
What is a pentastar V6?
My 94 Caravan has a V6, I must be missing something as I don't understand what their talkin about with dating back to 2010?? And mine doesn't have nearly[No, None of] the problems mentioned!

From the article, it says.
"The Pentastar V6 dates back to 2010, and over the years, it has proven itself both as a workhorse and as a headache-inducing engine due to problems with the design of the heads, water pump, and radiator."
What is a pentastar V6?
My 94 Caravan has a V6, I must be missing something as I don't understand what their talkin about with dating back to 2010?? And mine doesn't have nearly[No, None of] the problems mentioned!
The Pentastar is the latest design that is currently being used, an aluminum block OHC 24 valve engine, mostly the 3.6 with about 300 hp. It replaced the previous 3.7, 3.3, 3.0 and 2.7 engines.

I had a 1983 225 slant six in a Gran Fury. Didn't know it would be a classic. I loved that thing put about 50k on it and never changed the oil. Just took the filter off the Charger once a year and stuck it on. It had a little rear main leak so you needed to add a quart every 500 or so. I put any oil I had in it, new/used didn't matter. Drove it for about 1/2 a year with a failing fuel pump. It finally quit one day and I switched to an electric, wow it actually would go 90 MPH and got pretty good mileage. It was one of my favorite cars drove like a champ in the snow.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/is-fiat-chrysler-lining-up-a-return-of-the-slant-6

The Hemi V8 engine returned in 2003. Could the Slant-6 be next?

slant.jpg

That's one area that I didn't look at.....and it looks easy now lol

Auto Transport Service
Back