• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Britz 66 - Coronet 440

GrrageCat

Local time
9:07 PM
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I've been looking for a project to put together for my lil lady as a surprise gift for her nursing graduation. I came across a sweet deal on a 66 Coronet 440 Sedan with the original 361. Maybe someday I'll upgrade the drive train to a 440 so that I can stop getting questions if theres a 440 under the hood after they see the trim badge. Been working on getting the dents fixed right now so I can prep for paint. Going with a Metallic Burgundy from a 68 Charger. Going to grab some upholstery supplies tomorrow. Thinking tan/brown for the interior.

If I were to take the car in to get the exhaust done what size pipe do you suggest? Keeping the stock manifolds for now. 2.25in? Going dual out with mufflers.

IMG_2742.JPG IMG_3304.JPG

I LOVE that color.

2" is probably large enough for 361 Cu.In. Might even be too large. Remember the 361 as a big block is only 1 cu in bigger than a 360 small block.
Mike

Welcome to FBBO. Nice Coronet. Only a hardcore Mopar fan can tell if it's a 361 or 440. Might as well test the person who asks.

...and unless you look at the numbers, even a Moapr guy can't tell it from a 383 (unless you know there were no 2 barrel 383s in 66).

So here are the materials I picked out for the seat. Going with brown vinyl for the seat trim and the beige cloth for the main parts. Thanks for the warm welcome! Also thanks for the the tip on the 2" exhaust.

IMG_3327.JPG IMG_3306.JPG

Welcome! Good choice on the 68 Charger burgundy color (i am partial since i found one that color):thumbsup:

Been fighting the flu but still managed to get in the garage today. Did my best to fix the dents. Started to take everything out of the interior and started masking off the control panel. Sanded down the door jams and doors for now. Going to shoot primer and paint in the cabin, then me and my dad will upholster up the seats and make the headliner as well. Grabbed some brown vinyl paint to paint the kick panels and the dash pad. Couldn't find a way to remove the vinyl dash pad.. Oh well. Ill just mask it and paint. Tomorrow will try and finish up the cabin and if I have time maybe get started on the small dings in the hood.

Photo of the dents patched up. Tried to get the line crease back. Need to source a Hood lip trim piece. I saw one posted on eBay.. any other suggestions? Also need a "G" hood letter. Anyone have an extra?

IMG_4549.JPG IMG_4548.JPG IMG_4551.JPG

Welcome from San Antonio, Nice project. Are you in LA or SA? I see you have both listed. There is a salvage yard on Roosevelt on the south side that had 3 coronets. one had a nice front hood molding and letters a while back when I was there. PM me for more info if your here in SA.

Hi RT,

I live in LA but my dad lives in SA. I fly out to visit him several times a year. The Coronet is currently in SA after we trailered it out there from Cali. I had to fly back home for work for a while so will try and go back to finish up the Coronet in a few months. Ill PM to get that info so he can see if they still have those parts available. My dad does upholstery and some paint work so that helps! Heres the progress of the car before I left SA. Laid in new carpet painted the cabin and redid the door panels. Tossed up the headliner too but didn't have time to tighten it up before I left.

IMG_4557.JPG IMG_4568.JPG IMG_4578.JPG IMG_4579.JPG IMG_4582.JPG IMG_4583.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back