• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Broadcast Sheet and fender tag info needed.

OneEyed

Local time
4:24 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys, I recently bought a 63 Polara and I cant seem to find any info online. Anything you can decode would be greatly appreciated, th
1594174499841661292345227811725.jpg
anks!

Also, Engine Casting # 21288541...apparently this can mean 361 or 383?
Intake Casting# 2205737..??

Pad under the distributor. All i can see is-

T 38
(maltese cross?)
I (or 1) 29

Is the rest under the head assembly?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Also, Engine Casting # 21288541...apparently this can mean 361 or 383?
Intake Casting# 2205737..??

Pad under the distributor. All i can see is-

T 38
(maltese cross?)
I (or 1) 29

Is the rest under the head assembly?
Thanks!

T38 = Model year 1963. Displacement 383
1 29 = engine assembly date = January 29, 1963.
engine_id_A.jpg

Here's info on casting numbers and pad stampings.

http://www.moparts.org/Tech/Archive/motor/36.html

We would need the first four digits of you vin number before decoding your fender tag. (Found on your drivers door hinge pillar.) This will determine what plant it was manufactured. Different plants did codes a little different between each other. Then it will take a little time to go through all of the codes.

VIN - 6332152792

Vin number 6332
6 = Dodge
3 = Polara
3 = 1963
2 = Hamtramck Mi.

Fender tag options that I know.

2 under the A = code (342) Torqueflight
2 under the B = ?
1 under the G = code (361) AM Music Master Economy
5 under the J = code (385) Heater Front with Defroster
3 under the M = ?
8 under the N = ?
1 under the P = ?
0 under the Q = 383 1- 2 bbl. 305 hp.
20200709_213516.jpg

(The number under a letter is the last digit in the three digit code. Each letter is designated to a certain item. Like the "Q" is Engine, "G" is Radio ect.) I don't have any info on the "?" items. Maybe someone else will chip in.

Look up over your glove box for another build card. Up under the dash and feel on top of the box.

I'm curious about the Power Pak 383 Engine option listed....this car has a 2 barrel with single exhaust...

I'm curious about the Power Pak 383 Engine option listed....this car has a 2 barrel with single exhaust...

Well the Power Pack was a 4 bbl engine with a better cam, dual exhaust. Maybe the dealer was trying to dress this car up a little. If your car has no signs of dual exhaust then the original buyer got duped.

is there anyway to tell if the intake was swapped out and dual exhaust removed? This single exhaust runs down the driver side, is that correct? My old C body was pass. side....so I kind of though this would be the same. I did notice an odd detail on the pass side exhaust manifold...Ill have to get a pick posted tomorrow..

BTW, thanks so much for all the help!!! Very informative!!

Also, is there a difference between 62-65 and 63-64 Polaras? I'm trying to find floor pans and not having the best luck...What all fits a 63 Hardtop sedan?

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back