• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Broken interior hard plastic (preferably green)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT68440

Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a couple of hard interior plastic pieces for my '68 Charger where the corners are broken off. Rather than replace the entire piece, I would like to fix my originals. Does anyone have some junk plastics that I could cut pieces from to fix mine? Green would be awesome, but I'm going to give everything a fresh coat of green color when it's fixed, so it's not a huge deal on color. Thanks!

just a tip on how to fix plastic parts use acetone solvent then take some broken ABS plastic (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) mix to make a paste, then glue your parts together, let dry then paint. ABS plastic is one of the most common materials used, from car bumpers, to plastic toys!

just a tip on how to fix plastic parts use acetone solvent then take some broken ABS plastic (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) mix to make a paste, then glue your parts together, let dry then paint. ABS plastic is one of the most common materials used, from car bumpers, to plastic toys!

Ok that was another question that I had. I'm not sure what type of plastic the interior pieces are. I fixed my grill using acetone and pieces from a broken grill to make a glue and it came out great. I was hoping that I can fix the interior pieces the same way but wasn't sure if I can use my acetone/ABS grill glue that I already have mixed up from that project.

yep, I've used acetone solvent and ABS plumbing pipe (shaved off with a knife) to fix kick panels on a Challenger years ago.

What pieces did you need? Pillor, dash,vents,??

I'm fixing the bottom of one of my A pillar covers. Down at the bottom where it meets the dash, it is broken off from the screw hole down. So I think any piece of plastic that is flat about the size of a matchbox should be big enough to fix it. If I could get a beat up kick panel that would be perfect. That would give me enough flat material to make any repairs that I need, plus have some material to make my glue. It would be a bonus to get a green piece that way even my glue can be green...

What side or both , I can help, let me know

Thanks Sal. I think I would be able to do all of my repairs with one kick panel. Let me know what pieces and colors that you have.

Thanks Sal. I think I would be able to do all of my repairs with one kick panel. Let me know what pieces and colors that you have.
I have one green panel, do you care if it was painted ?
How's $15 shipped sound?
Happy new year

I have one green panel, do you care if it was painted ?
How's $15 shipped sound?
Happy new year

That would be perfect. Painted is fine as I'll be prepping and painting the piece once it's fixed. Do you have PayPal?

Happy New Year!

That would be perfect. Painted is fine as I'll be prepping and painting the piece once it's fixed. Do you have PayPal?

Happy New Year!
Sure, please send to my email via p.m.

Also send to friends so no fees & your mailing info,
Thank you,
Sal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back