• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brokerage fees to bring a US built car INTO the Us from Canada??

696pack

Local time
2:16 AM
Reaction score
I am trying to buy a car from Canada and the seller is telling me that if he brings it to the US side of the boarder for a shipping company to pick up they are going to charge a brokerage fee.

If you were going to bring your car to the US and drop it off for repairs you would have no issue to simply return to Canada in the car that follows you. If the car never comes back they would never know the difference.

Am I missing something here?

Never heard of it, been a while since I brought anything back from Canada though... Sounds like some revenue generation ploy {hidden TAXES} to me...

If you can pick the car up on Canadian side of the border it is much easier if you can ,if he brings it over to the U.S.,and he dosent go through a broker ,you my not be able to plate it .Check with your gov.Each state my be different.And the rules are always changing

I bought my 63 in Canada and it was built in St. Louis. I drove up with a trailer and when I brought it across the border there were NO fees what so ever. If he drives it across and it gets loaded on a trailer there shouldn't be any fees that are needed UNLESS the trucking company wants to make some extra $$$$$ and they only normally do that when they are bringing it across the border themselves.

there are no brokerage fees. i have moved cars both ways and no brokerage fees.

transfersacross borders

there are no brokerage fees. i have moved cars both ways and no brokerage fees.

american friends have come up from montana and taken cars home ,i was given a 68 r/t parts car when i was doing my 69 r/t all canuck border guys asked was if i was going to plate it i could pay ed.tax now.

moparon

All I can tell you is I ship guitars and if it's over a certain dollar value it "automatically" goes through brokerage, with more fees of course. That's with all correct paperwork, Certificate of Origin form and everything.

Total ripoff, but from what I hear the health care up there rocks!

However I'm relatively healthy and don't like being shaken down.

The health care here dosent rock,it gets worse very year.some ways it sucks.wait time for a specalist is 12 months some times.the taxes are outrageous $6.50 for agallon of gas ect.

Auto Transport Service
Back