• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze distributor gears

Hemirunner

Local time
12:28 PM
Reaction score
Anyone have any worn out ones? I've been trying to make a fixture to press on replacement gears but my last attempt was a failure. I could use a few more to test with. Also, has anyone been successful at doing this? Post a up a picture of your setup.

Isn't it just as cheap to buy the gear/shaft assembly ?!?!?

Anyone have any worn out ones? I've been trying to make a fixture to press on replacement gears but my last attempt was a failure. I could use a few more to test with. Also, has anyone been successful at doing this? Post a up a picture of your setup.

You're playing with fire with that idea. The hole for the retaining pin is usually drilled after mounting the gear and may be ever so slightly off center in the shaft. How are you going to get a straight "thru hole" for the pin. Just buy a new shaft with the gear.

You're playing with fire with that idea. The hole for the retaining pin is usually drilled after mounting the gear and may be ever so slightly off center in the shaft. How are you going to get a straight "thru hole" for the pin. Just buy a new shaft with the gear.
Most of this stuff is drilled with a fixture or done on a cnc. I've successfully lined one up and have it pinned, but bent the shaft while pressing.

Isn't it just as cheap to buy the gear/shaft assembly ?!?!?
Not really, but it isn't worth the headache if you don't have the means to do the work. I also wanted to try and press on one of those coated gears which you can't buy as an assembly. Or at least, not that I've found.

Auto Transport Service
Back