• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brother-in-law died this afternoon

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
Mike was married to my youngest sister who went to heaven about a year ago. Mike was not a believer but she was. Mike was a good husband and step-Dad to my nieces. He was also honest and a good person. We discussed salvation through Jesus Christ, God, and the Bible. He delighted in trying to disprove it all. Nobody ever wins these arguments. Finally, one day I looked him straight in the eyes and asked if God proved to him He is real, beyond the shadow of doubt, would he then believe? Sadly, Mike answered no.

That was some years ago before my sister died. Since then Mike's health started failing. He had one partially functioning kidney and went to the hospital several times for treatment. There were a few times since then I had opportunity to share with him how I came to be a Christian. I prayed for him every night.

His body finally gave out and now Mike is gone from this world and will be missed. I sincerely hope he had one last chance to ask God's forgiveness.

Say a prayer for my dear old Mom and Mike's children and grandchildren.

Thank you for sharing this with your forum family.
I pray everyone has a chance to get right with God through Christ before it's too late. I include Mike in that prayer.
God bless brother.

Prayers and thoughts to you and your family sir! Take care, peace be with you all!

Sorry for the loss of your brother-in-law, you did your best. Everyone has a chance to chose before they pass, and some chose no. I know it hurts your heart, but be glad you know the way. God Bless to you and your family.

Very sorry for your loss!

I truly believe that if you’re a good person, Its never too late, God will still welcome you.

I'm sorry to read of your family's loss.
There's a lot good in still being around, of course, but one part that sucks royally
is having to say goodbye to others as they go.....

Having had my own epic battles to remain this side of the grass, I naturally have
developed seriously strong empathy for anyone who loses a loved one - something I
never thought I'd have in me, it not being a part of the typical male genome and all...
I find myself praying for a lot of folks who have lost - as a result of having lost.

Lookit, lots of folks in this neck of the woods want to know if someone "believes".
Me being me, I get a kick out of riling them up a little when they ask me by deadpan
replying "nope, I don't believe".
They get "that look" on their face but before they can say anything, I continue with
"...I don't believe - I know".
I've told you all the stories; I've met Him, more than once in all my flatline adventures.
I don't have to believe - it's been made abundantly clear. He exists.
I don't preach that stuff usually and keep that on the downlow unless pressed...
but if asked, I don't have a problem answering directly, either.

Prayers for all affected over yonder, @themechanic . :praying:

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your brother in law Mike. May God bless him and reunite him with his wife in eternal peace. 440'

Sorry for your loss, Gods ways are higher than our own and as long as you continue to believe He offers salvation/ redemption, you can still hope that you will see him there one day.

i talk to god everyday and ask him for his blessing on alot of people in prayers . he is real and thank you for being in my life . he makes it so much easier everyday knowing he is right beside me alot of times he is carrying me .

Sorry, prayers for the kids and rest of the family.

Sorry for your loss. Prayers sent for strength and healing.

Auto Transport Service
Back