• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brought the engine home.

Big Mike

Local time
7:10 AM
Reaction score
The short blocks been finished since march but its been sitting at the shop where we're working on the '64.
We finally got most of the parts we need to assemble it so we brought it home last weekend so we can assemble it and paint it in the garage without having to drive to it. (the shop is about 20 minutes away)

Here's some pics,

This is where its sat since march. Oiled and wrapped up.
Picture117.jpg

motor2.jpg

Last edited:
Heres Pops laying the intake on just so we can get an idea of what its going to look like.

Motor3.jpg

And another cool 62-65 Mopar will be hitting the road soon. Looking real good Mike. :yes: Ron

what oil pan are you using.I know 62-65 takes takes a different pan than other b bodies

My bad, I thought you meant machine shop. :sFun_doh2:

It's cool. The machine work was done at a carquest shop that my dads uncle works at. I gave him all the parts and had him put the short block together while he had it there :wtg:

Hey Mike is that the Torker II intake ?? Ron

Hey Mike is that the Torker II intake ?? Ron
Yes it is. I wanted to go with the Holley SD but i couldn't pass this one up. My dads friend had it and wasn't using it. It only was used for a couple hundred miles until he switched to a cross ram set-up.
The price was good too. $20 :grin:

Nothing wrong with the Torker II as it a very nice intake. :yes: And who could pass it up for that price ! Ron

The waiting is tough no doubt about it. But when its all done its gonna be sweet. Mine was on a stand last year at this time. I could only afford one header at a time..Just kiddin

2253173417_714b3afd4a.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back